What are the major attractions in Canberra?
If your trip to Canberra is all organized but your travel itinerary is a little on the empty side, we can give you a few hints and tips.
Discover the best that this city has to offer by adding National Museum of Australia and Australian National Botanic Gardens to your itinerary. If you have an extra day or two to spare, check out Australian War Memorial and National Gallery of Australia too.
Plan a stop at Lake Burley Griffin. It's one sight you'll find on many travelers' to-do lists. City Hill and Canberra Theatre Centre are also not far away and worth taking the time to see.
What are the best road trip destinations near Canberra?
Hurl your bags in the boot. It's road trip time! Jeir is 19 miles away and home to fantastic attractions like Gallagher Wines. It's the perfect opportunity to see what these wheels can do.
Where are the best beaches near Canberra?
If you love feeling the sea breeze on your skin and the sight of seagulls gliding over the ocean, jump in the car and spend an afternoon meandering along the water's edge at Waddy Point. You'll find this stunning stretch 2 miles from Canberra.
Where are the best convention centers near Canberra?
If you have some work-related business to attend to in Canberra, chances are you'll be spending lots of time in a convention center. If that's the case, you might want to hear about the ones that have hotels, cafés and restaurants nearby:
- National Convention Centre (0.5 miles away).
- Kamberra Function Centre (3 miles away).
- EPIC (4 miles away).
How can I get a cheap car rental in Canberra?
We've put together a list of our top tips and tricks to help you save some serious cash:
- Use our nifty filter feature to steer you toward the hottest car deals in town — then compare the prices;
- Keep your eyes on your inbox for our Price Drop Alert. We'll keep you informed about all the best deals cruising around your location;
- Scan the bargains at all rental locations around town, including the airport terminal and surrounding area. A short cab journey to a close-by car rental center might result in big savings;
- You can sometimes save yourself some dollars if your travel plans are flexible. Look into different days and dates and find out what savings can be made;
- So you don't end up paying a late fee or an extra day, aim to keep your pickup and drop-off times as similar as possible;
- If you're looking to save a pretty penny, pay right away and drive away with some of the best rates around;
- Last but not least, secure your booking as soon as you can to grab yourself a ton of savings!
What kind of rental car should I get for Canberra?
Canberra has loads on offer. You could spend a good while in this place and still not see it all. If you want to take in as much as you can in this metropolis, a rental car is a must. Keep in mind that driving in the city generally comes with tight streets and limited parking spaces. But don't stress — an economy or a compact car will make this a lot easier to manage. If you'd like to head out of the city and explore the lakes that Canberra is well known for, you'll want a vehicle with more cargo space. A full-size or mid-size SUV will make those road trips a dream.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Canberra?
For some people, owning a luxury vehicle is a little (or a lot!) out of reach. But renting your dream ride is well within your grasp! Picture yourself cruising down the highway in a classy convertible, even if it's just for a short while. Or maybe you're just after a reliable set of wheels to bring you safely from A to B. Flashy or affordable? Whatever you're looking for, there's a rental car to suit your style in Canberra.