Car rentals in Canberra: All you need to know
A Canberra car rental gives you the opportunity to go where you want, when you want. You can explore all the sights, and even find out what the rest of Australian Capital Territory has to offer. CarRentals.com has collected your most popular questions about renting a car in Canberra. Keep reading to see the dos and don'ts of booking a rental car.
Where can I find a bargain rental car in Canberra?
CarRentals.com makes it easy to snag the cheapest rates. Simply type in your travel dates and scroll down the list of car rental suppliers, choose the top rental locations, and find the most wallet-friendly offers in Canberra. You should also:
- Compare all the deals available
- Book as far in advance as possible. You'll usually get the vehicle of your choice and save more
- Check the mileage and fuel policies. This way you'll avoid any surprises on your final bill
- Decide what vehicle you'll need for your trip. Don't rent more car than you need
These tips can help you save even more on your next car rental in Canberra.
What rental suppliers have agencies in Canberra?
From global names like Avis and Sixt to budget-friendly brands like Budget and Thrifty, CarRentals.com has some of the best brands in the business. Scan through the reviews to help you figure out which is best for your next trip.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Canberra?
That all depends on your needs and what activities you want to do in Canberra. If you're having a little trouble choosing, be sure to look over our table below. We've compared the most popular types of cars for you:
What's the age requirement to rent a car in Canberra?
Generally, to rent a car in Canberra you must be at least 21—the same as it is across most of the country. If you are under 25, you might also need to pay a surcharge. Be sure to go over the supplier's terms to determine any additional fees is before you reserve your rental.
Will I need insurance to get a car rental in Canberra?
Insurance is always required, no matter where you're renting a car. Nevertheless, you might already be covered by your credit card or car policies. Keep in mind, those policies might not totally cover your rental, and you'll have to add it on to your booking. Check in advance and, if it's necessary, you can just include it at checkout.
What are the different fuel policies?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Below is a list of the most common ones.
What fuel policy do you recommend?
We usually advise that customers choose the full-to-full policy. This policy is the most straightforward, and you simply top off the tank before you bring it back.
Is it worth getting unlimited miles?
Unlimited miles is a great option if you decide to do some sightseeing or visit several business associates all over Canberra. You can cruise wherever you like and not incur extra charges. Review your rental agreement to find out if there are mileage limitations.
Know before you go
Be sure you go over a few things before you leave the rental lot. It's worth the time to:
- Look over the car and determine if there is any dents or scrapes. If you notice any, mark it down on your paperwork
- Inspect the trunk to determine if the spare is inflated and the jack and lung wrench are there
- Familiarize yourself with the car. Adjust the mirrors and seats, and note how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Figure out how to work the navigation and entertainment. It's best to limit any unnecessary distractions when you are driving around a new region
Book your Canberra car rental today
Use CarRentals.com to get yourself the best wheels Canberra has to offer. Before you know it, you'll be cruising between the highly-rated restaurants, famous landmarks, and all the amazing sites in Canberra.