Where is Austria?
Austria is waiting. There's no end to the new adventures and experiences you can have once you climb into that rental car. To squeeze every last drop out of your trip, here's some basic info that everyone ought to know. You'll discover Austria on the continent of Europe. Zoom further into the map and the capital, Vienna, will jump out at you. If you're looking to find out how this country is run, a stop here is a no-brainer.
What are the major attractions in Austria?
Almost ready to get moving on your Austria trip? Want some tips on what sort of things to add to your schedule? Don't worry — we can give you a few pointers. Here are a few well-renowned attractions in this epic destination:
- Shopping City Sud (1 mile from the center of Voesendorf, Lower Austria)
- Austrian Open Air Museum (2 miles from the center of Deutschfeistritz, Styria)
- Riegersburg Castle (1 mile from the center of Riegersburg, Styria)
What are the best road trip destinations in Austria?
With long stretches of smooth highways and inviting open roads, many travelers opt to turn their Austria vacations into driving adventures. If you're embarking on the road trip of a lifetime, you'll want to know which cities to add to your to-do list. Here are some of the most outstanding regions to explore in this magnificent place:
- Vienna (population of 1,691,500)
- Graz (population of 222,300)
- Linz (population of 181,200)
- Innsbruck (population of 112,500)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Austria?
Here are some of our top recommendations if you want to find the biggest discounts on a car rental:
- Use our nifty filter tool to point you in the direction of the cheapest car deals around — and then compare the prices;
- By entering only your email address (and not your entire personal details, life history and cat's middle name) into our Price Drop Alert, you'll stay on top of all the hottest offers for your chosen destination;
- Search both airport and non-airport outlet locations to ensure you're bagging the absolute best bargain around;
- If your vacation dates are not set in concrete, try scoring a better price by choosing different days of the week in your search;
- Nobody enjoys being whacked with a late fee. Avoid the hassle of having to pay for another day by ensuring your pickup and drop-off times are at similar times;
- Keep more dollars in your pocket. You'll get some of the cheapest deals when you pay in advance for your rental;
- Book as soon as your dates are locked in. You'll get the biggest selection early on.