How can I get a cheap car rental in Victoria?
Here you'll find our top suggestions if you're looking to bag the best deal on a rental car:
- A car can take you anywhere — so can the web. Compare the best deals from all the top rental companies in a couple of clicks;
- By entering your email address into our Price Drop Alert, you'll be notified of all the unbeatable discounts for your desired location;
- Scan the offers at all rental locations around town, being sure to include both the airport and its vicinity. A short cab ride to a close-by rental car outlet could mean some significant savings;
- If you don't mind which day of the week you get the keys to your car and your schedule is flexible, play around with days and dates to find the best deal;
- So you don't end up paying for an extra day or a late fee, try to keep your pickup and drop-off times as similar as possible;
- Some places reward you big time for paying upfront — keep a lookout for these kinds of deals;
- Don't let the deal you've been searching for slip through your fingers. Book as soon as you can and zoom off with your dream set of wheels.
What is the most popular rental car category in Victoria?
Bigger doesn't necessarily mean better, and that's true in the case of your wheels. In Victoria, compact cars are the most popular type of rental car for good reason. More gas to the gallon, zippier handling, and more environmentally friendly are just a few of them! If you're planning to cruise through Melbourne or Geelong, go for something that's compact and zippy.
It's always great to head out of the city, and if you do, you'll be richly rewarded. With mountains, rivers, and sandy shores to check out, Victoria is ripe for exciting adventures. A larger vehicle like an SUV or a four-wheel drive will give you more comfort and room for those longer drives.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Victoria?
Sometimes it's all about the journey, which makes your car choice particularly important. If you're about to embark on an unforgettable road trip around Victoria, a safe and sturdy SUV could be a good choice. If you'd like the best possible price and plan to stick to city driving, a budget compact is a clever pick. All you need to do is decide what's going to be the best fit, throw your bags in the trunk, and rack up those miles.