What are the major attractions in Norfolk - Virginia Beach?
If your trip to Norfolk - Virginia Beach is all organized but your travel itinerary is looking a bit empty, we can give you a few hints and tips.
You'll have to roll out of bed early if you want to check out all the great sights this place has to offer. Lynnhaven House and Norfolk Botanical Garden are no-brainers. Moses Myers House and Nauticus National Maritime Center can't be missed either.
Near the city center, Sentara Leigh Hospital is one sight to consider putting on your must-see list. If you still have space on that schedule, Gallery of Military Circle and Virginia Wesleyan University will keep you on the go, as well.
What are the best road trip destinations near Norfolk - Virginia Beach?
Don't just travel from point A to point B. Get the most out of that car by making a pit stop at Newport News. Located 22 miles from Norfolk - Virginia Beach, it's home to excellent attractions like Virginia Living Museum and Mariner's Museum. Still up for some sightseeing? Punch Williamsburg into your GPS. This intriguing destination is also home to a few cool sights like Governor's Palace and Water Country USA, and it's just 43 miles away.
Where are the best beaches near Norfolk - Virginia Beach?
Norfolk - Virginia Beach is home to some magical stretches of coastline, and what better way to experience them than from behind the wheel of your own rental car. See what fascinating shells and treasures you can find dotted on the shore at one of these famous beaches:
- Chesapeake Beach (Chick's Beach) (6 miles away).
- Croatan Beach (12 miles away).
- Buckroe Beach and Park (16 miles away).
Where are the best convention centers near Norfolk - Virginia Beach?
If you're going to Norfolk - Virginia Beach for work-related reasons, there's a good chance you'll be visiting some convention centers. With your own rental car, you can rest easy knowing you'll arrive on time. Here are some of the most well known:
- Chesapeake Conference Center (5 miles away).
- Ted Constant Convocation Center (7 miles away).
- Virginia Beach Convention Center (11 miles away).
How can I get a cheap car rental in Norfolk - Virginia Beach?
We've pulled together a list of our best tips and tricks to help you save on a rental car:
- Our clever filter tool will soon be your new best buddy. Sift through the hottest bargains from all of the top companies quickly and easily;
- By submitting only your email address into our Price Drop Alert, you'll stay on top of all of the best deals for your selected destination;
- Check the offers at all rental locations around town, including the airport terminal and its surrounds. A short cab journey to a close-by rental car outlet might reward you with some impressive savings;
- If you don't mind which day of the week you pick up the keys to your car and your plans are flexible, experiment with days and dates to find the best deal;
- Nobody enjoys being charged a late fee. Avoid the stress of having to pay for another full day by ensuring your pickup and drop-off times are around the same time;
- Keep more cash in your pocket. You'll score some of the best deals when you pay in advance for your rental car;
- Don't let the deal you want slip through your grasp. Book as soon as possible and zoom off with your ideal ride.
What kind of rental car should I get for Norfolk - Virginia Beach?
Sure, it's possible to go and explore Norfolk - Virginia Beach without a car. But with so much to see, having one will definitely make your trip all the more exciting. If you're excited to head out into some nature, opt for something with some extra oomph. A full-size car or an SUV will do the job in style. A smaller car, like a mini or a compact, is a popular choice if you'll only be taking shorter trips.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Norfolk - Virginia Beach?
For some of us, owning a prestige vehicle is the stuff of fairy tales. But renting your dream ride is far easier than you think! Experience the thrill of cruising the open roads in a classy convertible, even if it's only for a day or two. Or perhaps all you want is a trusty set of wheels to bring you safely from point A to point B. Extravagant or economical? Whatever you decide, one thing's for sure — there's a rental car to suit your style in Norfolk - Virginia Beach.