Car rentals in Portsmouth: All you need to know
A Portsmouth car rental allows you to go where you want, when you want. You'll be able to check out all the sights, and even find out what else the rest of Virginia has to offer. We've gathered the most popular questions about car rentals in Portsmouth. Read on to discover which vehicle is perfect for your trip, and how to get the best rates.
How can I get a great deal on a rental car in Portsmouth?
CarRentals.com makes it easy to get the best deals. Just enter your travel dates and go down the variety of rental car companies, select the top rental locations, and find the best packages Portsmouth has to offer. You should also:
- Compare and contrast all the deals available
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually get the car of your choice and save more
- Be aware of any cost for fuel policy, additional drivers, and mileage limits. This way you can make sure you know the actual cost before you rent
- Decide what car you'll need for your trip. Don't get more car than you need
These tips can help you save even more on your next car rental in Portsmouth.
What rental suppliers have retailers in Portsmouth?
From global names like Enterprise and Hertz to budget-friendly brands like Thrifty and Budget, CarRentals.com has some of the best brands in the business. Look through the reviews to get an idea of which is best for you.
What types and makes of rental cars are on offer in Portsmouth?
Whether you want a roomy family vehicle or a low-cost economy car, the sheer wealth of options in this Virginia town means you're certain to find a car that suits your needs. Some options include:
What's the age requirement to rent a car in Portsmouth?
Generally, the age limit for car rentals in Portsmouth is 21. However, there might be an additional charge if you are under the age of 25 or for larger or higher category vehicles. Read over the supplier's terms to determine what the exact price will be before you rent your car.
Will I need insurance to get a car rental in Portsmouth?
Insurance is always required, wherever you're renting a car. That said, your current car insurance may cover you. Additionally, if you pay for the rental in full using your credit card, the card's policy may also insure you. Keep in mind, these policies might not totally cover your rental, and you'll need to add it on to your booking. Check in advance and, if it's required, you can just add it at the CarRentals.com checkout.
What is the difference between all the fuel policies?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Below is a list of the most common ones.
You will have to search for a gas station near your rental car supplier
What type of fuel policy should I choose?
Many suppliers offer a variety of fuel policies. However, the stand-out choice is usually full-to-full. You simply bring the car back with the same amount of fuel you got it with. Just be sure you make time to shop for the cheapest gas prices.
Is it worth getting unlimited miles?
Unlimited miles is a good option if you plan to do some sightseeing or visit several customers all over Portsmouth. You can drive as much as you like without incurring additional charges. Read over your rental agreement to discover if there are mileage limitations.
Know before you go
Make sure you check out a few items before you leave the lot. It's important to:
- Inspect the vehicle and be certain there is no dents or scratches. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Make you have a properly inflated spare tire, lug wrench, and jack in the trunk
- Familiarize yourself with the car. Adjust the mirrors and seats, and note how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Figure out how to work the entertainment and GPS (if available). You don't want any unneeded distractions in a new city
Book your Portsmouth rental car today
Use CarRentals.com to get yourself the best wheels Portsmouth has to offer. Before you know it, you'll be driving between the highly-rated restaurants, famous landmarks, and all the marvelous sites in Portsmouth.