Car rentals in Montreal: All you need to know
You want a great automobile to get around Montreal whether you're going for a business trip or a vacation. Check out the famous sites around the city and park in front of the popular restaurants in Montreal. CarRentals.com has answered your most frequently asked questions about renting a car in Montreal. Read on to see the dos and don'ts of renting a car.
How do I find a bargain rental car in Montreal?
You're well on your way to getting the best rate on your car rental when you use CarRentals.com. But, there are ways to get an even lower price on your upcoming rental. Be sure to:
- Compare and contrast daily and weekly rates from all the different suppliers
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually save more and get the car of your choice
- Be aware of any cost for fuel policy, additional drivers, and mileage limits. This way you will know the total cost before you rent
- Determine what vehicle you'll need for your drive. Don't get more car than you need
Just following even a few of these tips can help you save on your Montreal rental car.
What rental suppliers have outlets in Montreal?
From budget-friendly brands like Thrifty and Budget to global names like National and Hertz, CarRentals.com has some of the best brands in the business. Look through the reviews to help you figure out which one meets your needs.
What types and makes of rental cars are on offer in Montreal?
Whether you want a roomy family vehicle or a low-cost economy car, the sheer wealth of options in this Quebec metropolis means you're certain to find a vehicle that suits your needs. Some options include:
How old do you have to be to rent a car in Montreal?
Generally, to rent a car in Montreal you must be at least 21—the same as it is across most of the country. However, you might need to pay a surcharge if you're under 25. Be sure to read over the supplier's terms to determine any additional fees is before you book your rental.
Is insurance required to rent a car in Montreal?
Almost all countries require the driver to have insurance. You may be able to purchase temporary coverage with the rental car supplier.Many credit cards (American Express, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover) will provide some coverage. But many of them have restrictions, like not covering larger vehicles such as trucks or SUVs. It is best to call and find out what kind of coverage is offered before you travel to Montreal.
What is the difference between all the fuel policies?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Here is a list of the typical policies.
What fuel policy should I get?
We suggest a full tank policy. You should get your car with a full tank, and you will want to return it topped off. If you want to keep your expenses lower, it is best to find a gas station before you bring your car back. Stations near or around airports or car rental places tend to have higher prices.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Montreal?
If you plan to see all that Montreal offers, you are going to need unlimited miles. You won't have to worry about extra charges if you decide to drive all over Montreal. Go over the fine print to be certain they are truly "unlimited."
Before you leave the lot
Before you get started on your Montreal trip, make sure you check a few things before you leave the car rental lot. It's worth the time to:
- Look over your car and be certain there is no dents or scratches. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Inspect the trunk to see if the spare is properly inflated and both the lug wrench and jack are there
- Get familiar with the controls of your car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Get comfortable operating the navigation and entertainment. You don't want any unneeded distractions in a new city
Book your Montreal rental car today
Use CarRentals.com to get yourself the best wheels Montreal has to offer. Before you know it, you'll be going between the great restaurants, renowned landmarks, and all the fantastic sites in Montreal.