Where is Quebec?
Time is ticking. Don't fritter away precious vacation hours waiting for cabs. Book a rental car and relish in the freedom of having your own ride. Before you hit the open highway, here are some key facts about Quebec. Quebec is a state of Canada. You might like to kick things off in its capital city, Quebec. Roughly 528,600 people call this place home.
What are the major attractions in Quebec?
If you're searching for things to see and do during your Quebec adventure, we can give you some pointers. Here are some of the most renowned attractions in this epic place:
- Saint Joseph's Oratory (2 miles from the center of Montreal)
- Place Royale (0.6 miles from the center of Quebec)
- National Gallery of Canada (22 miles from the center of Ottawa)
What are the best road trip destinations in Quebec?
Being in control of where you go and what you do is one of the greatest advantages of having your own rental car on vacation. Call the shots during your journey around Quebec and relish the freedom of exploring its biggest and best destinations at your own speed. Try to tick off as many of this place's most outstanding destinations as possible:
- Montreal (population of 1,600,000)
- Ottawa (population of 812,100)
- Quebec (population of 528,600)
- Gatineau (population of 242,100)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Quebec?
Here are our top tips on how to get behind the wheel of a rental car with some savings in your wallet:
- A car can take you anyplace — so can the web. Compare the best deals from the top companies in town in just a few clicks;
- Set an email Price Drop Alert for your next vacation destination. You never know what awesome deals will drive straight into your inbox;
- Check both airport and non-airport locations to be sure you're receiving the best price around;
- If your pickup and drop-off dates are not carved in stone, see if you can get a lower price by switching up the days of the week in your search;
- No one enjoys being charged a late fee. Avoid the stress of having to pay for another full day by ensuring your pickup and drop-off times are similar;
- Keep more dollars in your wallet. You'll score some of the best deals when you prepay your rental;
- And finally, lock in your favorite set of wheels as soon as you can to grab yourself a truckload of savings!
What is the most popular rental car category in Quebec?
Sometimes it's good to think small, particularly if you'll be driving down the buzzing streets of Montreal and Ottawa. Economy rental cars are the number one choice for travelers in Quebec — and there's a whole lot to love about them. Zip around town easily, enjoy superb gas mileage, and save on rental fees. These cost-effective small vehicles prove bigger doesn't always mean better!
That said, Quebec is well known for its cliffs, harbors, and rivers. It would be a shame not to get out of town to see those jaw-dropping scenes. If that sounds like something you'd be into, opt for a full-size car or an SUV. Even if you don't have plans to travel off-road, you'll value the extra space.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Quebec?
Sometimes it's all about the journey, which makes your car choice important. If you're planning an epic road trip around Quebec, a robust and stylish SUV could be the perfect solution. If you're looking for the cheapest price possible and plan to stick to city driving, a versatile compact is a clever pick. All you need to do is work out what suits you best, throw your bags in the trunk, and rack up those miles.