Car rentals in Lille: All you need to know
You need a great automobile to take you around Lille whether you're traveling for a business or pleasure. See the famous sites around town and pull up in front of the popular restaurants in Lille. CarRentals.com has collected your most frequently asked questions about renting a car in Lille. Keep reading to see the dos and don'ts of renting a car.
How can I get a bargain rental car in Lille?
CarRentals.com makes it a cinch to grab budget-friendly rates. Just enter your travel dates and scroll down the list of rental car companies, choose the top rental locations, and find the cheapest packages Lille has to offer. You should also:
- Compare and contrast all the deals available
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually get the car of your choice and save more
- Learn about any cost for fuel policy, additional drivers, and mileage limits. That way you can make sure you know the true cost before you book
- Determine the vehicle you'll need for your trip. Don't get more car than you need
Just following even a few of these tips can help you save big on your Lille rental car.
What rental companies have agencies in Lille?
There are around a dozen car rental companies in the Lille area. You'll find well-known companies like Advantage and Hertz and wallet-friendly suppliers like Economy and Budget. Read through the online reviews to get an idea of which one is best for you.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Lille?
Whether you want a roomy family vehicle or a low-cost economy car, the sheer wealth of options in this metropolis means you're bound to find a vehicle that suits your needs. Some options include:
What age do you have to be to rent a car in Lille?
Normally, to rent a car in Lille you must be at least 21. Please note, there might be an added fee if you are under the age of 25 or for larger or higher category rentals. Go over the supplier's terms to determine what any additional charges is before you book your rental.
Is insurance required to rent a car in Lille?
Most countries require driver's insurance. You may be able to buy additional insurance through rental car supplier for your trip, if you are concerned your insurance won't cover you while traveling through FRA.Many major card issuers, like American Express or MasterCard, give some coverage; but, there are usually restrictions. For instance, you may not be covered if you reserve a luxury or larger vehicle. Make sure to check rental car company's policy before you decide.
Are there different fuel policies?
Most suppliers allow you to choose which policy you want. Below is a list of the most common ones.
What type of fuel policy should I choose?
Most suppliers provide you a full to full tank policy. We suggest returning it with a full tank. For a cheaper rate, it is best to fill up your tank before returning the car rental.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Lille?
If you want to explore all that Lille offers, you are going to need unlimited miles. You won't have to worry about extra charges if you decide to drive all over Lille. Go over the fine print to be sure your mileage is actually "unlimited."
Before you leave the lot
Be sure you check a few items before you leave the lot on your Lille adventure. It's important to:
- Check out the car and make certain there is no damage or scrapes. If you notice any, mark it down on the paperwork
- Check the trunk to determine if the spare is inflated and both the lug wrench and jack are there
- Get familiar with the controls of your car. Adjust the mirrors and seats, and note how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Figure out how to work the entertainment and GPS (if available). You don't want any unneeded distractions in a new city
Book your Lille rental car today
Use CarRentals.com to get the best wheels Lille has to offer. Before you know it, you'll be going between the well-known restaurants, world-famous landmarks, and all the must-see sites in Lille.