What are the major attractions in Crystal Lake?
If your trip to Crystal Lake is all locked in but your itinerary is looking a little empty, we can give you a few hints and tips.
Plan a stop at Crystal Lake Park. It's one sight you'll usually find on many travelers' must-do lists. If you still have some space on that travel itinerary, Crystal Lake City Hall and Crystal Court Shopping Center will keep you occupied, too.
What are the best road trip destinations near Crystal Lake?
There's no reason to spend all your time in Crystal Lake, especially when big-name sights are just a day trip away. Six Flags Great America needs no introduction. Located about 22 miles away in Gurnee, your travel itinerary just has to include this unmissable sight.
Where are the best beaches near Crystal Lake?
There's nothing as enchanting as being beside the sea in the early evening. Take a relaxing road trip to McHenry Shores Beach Park and catch sight of the sun's rays shining on the water before it vanishes into the horizon. You'll find this striking beach 7 miles from Crystal Lake.
Where are the best convention centers near Crystal Lake?
Socializing and networking with lots of different people can be tiring. So if you're visiting Crystal Lake for a work-related trip, you'll be glad to hear that there are some awesome places to relax and unwind near these popular convention centers:
- Algonquin Historic Village Hall (5 miles away).
- Villa Olivia Country Club (16 miles away).
How can I get a cheap car rental in Crystal Lake?
Here's a rundown of our best tips and tricks to help you save:
- A car can take you anywhere you want to go — so can the web. Compare the best deals from the top companies in town in just a few clicks;
- Organize an email Price Drop Alert for your upcoming vacation destination. You never know what awesome deals will drive straight into your inbox;
- Check the bargains at all rental locations in town, including the airport terminal and its vicinity. A short cab ride to a close-by car rental outlet might score you big savings;
- If you don't mind which day of the week you collect the keys to your car and your plans are flexible, experiment with days and dates to find the best prices;
- No one enjoys getting stung with a late fee. Avoid the stress of having to pay for an extra day by making sure your pickup and drop-off times are similar;
- Sometimes rental outlets offer big incentives to pay in advance, so make sure you watch out for these money-saving deals;
- And lastly, secure your favorite set of wheels as soon as you can to score a ton of savings!
What kind of rental car should I get for Crystal Lake?
No matter your motoring requirements in Crystal Lake, CarRentals.com will get you from point A to B with ease. If you're visiting on business, a premium car may be right up your street. These sorts of vehicles come with high-quality finishes, exquisite interiors, and a host of extras. Traveling on a tight budget and in the mood to save cash? A mini or a compact car may be a top choice. These cool little rides are cheaper to run and perfect for maneuvering through busy city streets. If you have the youngsters and a pile of luggage in tow, a full-size SUV will give you all the space you need.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Crystal Lake?
Sometimes the journey is more significant than the destination, which makes your car choice important. If you're planning an epic road trip around Crystal Lake, a roomy SUV could be the perfect solution. If you'd like a fantastic bargain and plan on staying mostly in the city, a versatile compact is a smart pick. All you have to do is work out what suits you best, load up the car, and rack up those miles.