Car rentals in Dayton: All you need to know
A Dayton car rental gives you the opportunity to go where you want, when you want. You can explore all the sights, and even see what else the rest of Kentucky has to offer. CarRentals.com has collected the most popular questions about car rentals in Dayton. Keep reading to find out the dos and don'ts of renting a car.
How can I find a great deal on a car rental in Dayton?
CarRentals.com makes it easy to get the best deals. Just type in your travel dates and scroll down the list of car rental suppliers, pick the top rental locations, and find the cheapest offers in Dayton. You should also:
- Compare and contrast all the deals available
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually get your vehicle of your choice and save more
- Learn about any cost for fuel policy, additional drivers, and mileage limits. That way you will know the true cost before you rent
- Decide what vehicle you'll need for your vacation. Don't rent more car than you need
These tips can help you save even more on your next car rental in Dayton.
What rental suppliers have agencies in Dayton?
From budget-friendly brands like Thrifty and Budget to global names like Hertz and Enterprise, CarRentals.com has some of the best brands in the business. Look through the online reviews to get an idea of which one meets your needs.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Dayton?
That depends on your needs and what you'll be doing when you visit Dayton. If you're having a bit of trouble picking the right car, make sure to look over our chart below. We've compared the most popular types of vehicles for you:
What age do you have to be to rent a car in Dayton?
Usually, to rent a car in Dayton you must be at least 21—the same as it is across the rest of the USA. If you are under 25, you might also need to pay a surcharge. Be sure to go through the rental agreement to figure out any additional fees is before you book your vehicle.
Do I need insurance to rent a car in Dayton?
Most countries require driver's insurance. You may be able to purchase additional insurance through rental car company, if you know your insurance won't cover your rental during your trip. Otherwise, as a United States citizen, you can also add on Collision Damage Coverage through CarRentals.com at checkout. Many major card issuers, like Visa and MasterCard, give some insurance on your rental; however, there may be restrictions. For example, they may not cover your rental car if you reserve a luxury or larger vehicle. Make sure to check car rental company's policy before you decide.
Are there different fuel policies?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Here is a list of the typical policies.
What fuel policy should I get?
We usually advise that you opt for the full-to-full policy. This policy simply means you bring your rental back to the full, and you're all set.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Dayton?
Unlimited mileage is a good option for travelers who don't want to worry about incurring any extra charges with the distance they drive. Just make sure that your policy really provides unlimited miles. Check the details on mileage limits before you book.
Before you drive off
Make sure you check a few things prior to leaving the rental lot on your Dayton adventure. It's worth the time to:
- Inspect the car and determine if there is any damage or scrapes. If so, write it down on the paperwork
- Inspect the trunk to see if the spare is inflated and the necessary tools to change it are there
- Get familiar with the controls of your car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and wipers
- Figure out how to work the navigation and entertainment. It's best to limit any unnecessary distractions when you are navigating a new region
Book your Dayton rental car today
Maybe you're traveling solo, maybe you're bringing your partner or kids, or maybe you're carpooling with co-workers to and from the hotel to the conference center. No matter the situation, CarRentals.com has a vehicle that can suit your needs and not deplete your travel fund.