What are the major attractions in Staines?
If your trip to Staines is all locked in but your itinerary is a little on the empty side, we can give you a few hints and tips.
If you asked any of the locals for sightseeing recommendations, they'd probably point you toward Thorpe Park and Frogmore House. These top attractions are sure to leave an impression.
Few things beat exploring new places. While you're in town, Baitul Futuh Mosque and Staines Bridge should definitely be among them. Another attraction to see is Magna Carta Monument.
What are the best road trip destinations near Staines?
If you're searching for day-trip inspiration, we've got some ideas. Situated 16 miles away, Mole Valley is worth getting in the car for. Betchworth Park Golf Club, Leith Hill Tower and Juniper Hall Field Centre alone justify the drive. Locals will also likely point you in the direction of Farnham, 22 miles away. If you can only find time for one attraction here, let it be Lion and Lamb Yard. (But we'd also recommend Birdworld and St Andrew's Church.)
Where are the best convention centers near Staines?
After a long day of rubbing shoulders with like-minded individuals, it's always nice to know you can put your feet up someplace nearby. If you're visiting Staines for work, these are some of the best convention centers that are close to hotels, cafés and restaurants:
- The Lightbox (9 miles away).
- Olympia Conference and Exhibition Centre (12 miles away).
- Baden-Powell House (16 miles away).
How can I get a cheap car rental in Staines?
Here are our top tips and tricks to help you save more money:
- Research as many different bargain deals as possible (we make that chore a breeze!);
- Sign up for our Price Drop Alert service and immediately discover when prices become cheaper for your destination;
- Before you hop behind the wheel, take a look at both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off office locations to ensure you're getting the best deal in town;
- If you have room to move in your schedule, change your dates to find lower prices on different days of the week;
- Nobody enjoys being whacked with a late fee. Avoid the stress of having to pay for another full day by making sure your pickup and drop-off times are similar;
- Oftentimes companies reward you handsomely for prepaying — keep your eyes open for these great deals;
- Don't let the deal you've been searching for slip through your fingers. Book as soon as you can and zoom off with your ideal ride.
What kind of rental car should I get for Staines?
Sure, you can get around Staines without renting a car. But with so much to discover here, having one would make your stay more comfortable. If you plan to get out of town and into some nature, pick a ride with some power. A mid-size or full-size SUV will get you to the area's rivers in roomy comfort. Going to spend most of your vacation downtown? A mini or compact car is a great choice. Driving around busy streets and squeezing into tight parking spots will be a walk in the park in one of these.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Staines?
Sometimes the journey is more significant than the destination, which makes choosing the right car important. If you're about to head off on an amazing road trip around Staines, a spacious SUV could be the best solution. If you're looking for the cheapest possible price and plan on sticking mostly to the city, an economy car is a clever pick. All you have to do is decide what's going to be the best fit, throw your bags in the back seat, and rack up those miles.