What are the major attractions in Windsor?
If your trip to Windsor is all sorted out but your travel itinerary is a little on the empty side, let us give you a helping hand.
Windsor Castle and Legoland belong high up on the to-do lists of all Windsor wanderers. Clear up your sightseeing schedule and spend some time getting to know these impressive attractions!
Eton College and Frogmore House are awesome attractions that everybody should make time to check out. Organize your route and spend a few hours experiencing each one.
Not too far from the city center, Windsor Parish Church is one sight you might like to consider putting on your must-see list. Windsor Royal Shopping Centre and Windsor Guildhall are also nearby and worth a detour.
What are the best road trip destinations near Windsor?
If you find yourself with a little extra time and you're willing to travel 40 miles, check out Milton Keynes. This lively place offers up a world of things to keep you busy. Willen Lake should be high up on your list here. Woburn Golf Club and Wake MK are interesting attractions too. Don't forget about Aylesbury either! Just 25 miles away, Buckinghamshire County Museum, Waddesdon Manor and Aylesbury Waterside Theatre are non-negotiable stops here.
Where are the best convention centers near Windsor?
If you're going to Windsor for work-related reasons, there's a good chance you'll be visiting some convention centers. With your own set of wheels, you can rest easy knowing you'll make it there on time. Here are some of the biggest and the best:
- The Lightbox (11 miles away).
- Granborough Village Hall (16 miles away).
- Olympia Conference and Exhibition Centre (19 miles away).
How can I get a cheap car rental in Windsor?
Avoid spending an arm and a leg on a rental car by following our suggestions:
- Use our nifty filter tool to help point you toward the hottest car deals around — then compare the prices;
- Subscribe to our Price Drop Alert service and immediately discover when prices become cheaper for your location;
- Broaden your search to include both airport and non-airport locations to ensure you're getting the absolute best price in town;
- You can often save yourself some dollars if your travel plans are flexible. Look at different days and dates and find out what savings you can score;
- Pickup and drop-off times typically need to be similar (e.g, both 10 a.m.) or you might be required to pay for an extra day unnecessarily;
- Keep more cash in your pocket. You'll score some of the cheapest deals when you prepay your vehicle;
- Don't let the deal you've been looking for slip through your fingers. Book as soon as you can and lock in your dream ride.
What kind of rental car should I get for Windsor?
With landmarks like Windsor Castle and Legoland, it's little wonder Windsor is such a popular city. But if you're about to drive around the streets of this heaving metropolis, it's a good idea to think small. A compact car will have you zipping around the frenzied streets and parking will be easier. If you don't enjoy the idea of big-city driving, there's a great deal to explore farther afield. Slide behind the wheel of an SUV or a four-wheel drive and check out the glorious forests that Buckinghamshire is known for.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Windsor?
You'll be pleased to hear that there's a huge variety of both economy and luxury rental vehicles available in Windsor. What you go with depends on what you're willing to spend and what you're planning to do. Specialty vehicles are hard to beat if you're all about mod cons and comfort. If you want to treat yourself, why not pick up an SUV with all the bells and whistles, or perhaps a flashy medium-sized sedan? Alternatively, if you just need something to whiz around town in as economically as possible, go for an economy vehicle (or something else that's unlikely to break the bank).