Car rentals in Petaluma: All you need to know
You want a great vehicle to get around Petaluma whether you're going for a business trip or a vacation. Check out the famous sites around the city and park in front of the best restaurants in Petaluma. We've gathered your most popular questions about car rentals in Petaluma. Keep reading to find out the dos and don'ts of renting a car.
How do I get a great deal on a rental car in Petaluma?
We always strive to get you the best price. However, to get the most savings on your trip to Petaluma you can do a few things. Make sure to:
- Compare and contrast weekly and daily rates from all the different suppliers
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually save more and get the car of your choice
- Check the mileage and fuel policies. You don't want to be surprised with any added costs
- Don't get more vehicle than you'll need. Generally, the smaller the car, the lower the rate
These tips can help you save even more on your next car rental in Petaluma.
What rental suppliers have retailers in Petaluma?
In Petaluma, there are 3 car rental companies to pick from, like Enterprise. Scan through the reviews to get an idea of which is best for you.
What types and makes of rental cars are on offer in Petaluma?
Whether you want a roomy family vehicle or a low-cost economy car, the sheer wealth of options in this California town means you're certain to find an automobile that is perfect for you. Some options include:
How old do you have to be to rent a car in Petaluma?
Usually, to rent a car in Petaluma you must be at least 21. Please note, you may find that there is an additional charge if you're under 25 or for larger or higher category cars in particular. Go over the supplier's terms to find what the exact rate will be before you book your rental.
Does Petaluma require rental car insurance?
Almost all countries require the driver to have insurance. You may be able to purchase interim coverage with the rental car supplier. Otherwise, as a U.S. citizen, you can also book Collision Damage Coverage through CarRentals.com at checkout. Although many of the major card issuers, like Visa or Discover, offer some coverage, there are usually restrictions. For instance, they may not cover your rental car if you get a larger or luxury vehicle. Check the policy before you decide.
What is the difference between all the fuel policies?
Most suppliers allow you to choose which policy you want. Here is a list of the typical policies.
You will need to search for an open gas station close to your rental car supplier
What fuel policy should I get?
We usually advise that you choose the full-to-full policy. This policy simply means you bring your rental back to the full, and you're all set.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Petaluma?
Unlimited miles is a good choice if you plan to do a little sightseeing or visit several business associates all over Petaluma. You can drive wherever you like without incurring extra charges. Review your rental agreement to find out if there are any restrictions.
Before you leave the lot
Before you begin on your Petaluma trip, check a few items before you leave the lot. You should take time to:
- Inspect your car and determine if there is any dents or scrapes. If so, mark it down on your paperwork
- Check the trunk to see if the spare is properly inflated and the jack and lung wrench are there
- Get familiar with the controls of your car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Get comfortable working the entertainment and GPS (if available). It's best to limit any unneeded distractions when you are navigating a new city
Book your Petaluma car rental today
Use CarRentals.com to get the best wheels Petaluma has to offer. Before you know it, you'll be cruising between the great restaurants, world-famous landmarks, and all the marvelous sites in Petaluma.