What are the major attractions in Southport?
If your trip to Southport is all organized but your itinerary is a bit on the empty side, let us give you a few hints and tips.
Few things top exploring new places. While you're in the area, Connecticut Audubon Birdcraft Museum and Country Club of Fairfield should definitely be among them. Another favorite attraction to see is Bellarmine Museum of Art.
What are the best road trip destinations near Southport?
If you're in the mood for a little more adventure, keep on driving to Hartford, 53 miles from Southport. There are plenty more fabulous things to see and do here, such as Bushnell Park and Mark Twain House. New Haven is another road-trip destination to keep an eye out for. It's situated just 22 miles away. If you make the trip here, Yale University and Yale Bowl should be on your itinerary.
Where are the best beaches near Southport?
Southport is home to some magical coastal areas, and what better way to explore them than from behind the wheel of your very own rental car. See what fascinating shells and treasures you can find lying on the shore at one of these top beaches:
- Burying Hill Beach (2 miles away).
- Jennings Beach (3 miles away).
- Compo Beach (4 miles away).
How can I get a cheap car rental in Southport?
Avoid paying an arm and a leg for a rental car by following these tips:
- Use our handy filter tool to steer you toward the hottest car rental deals in town — and then compare the prices;
- Take advantage of our Price Drop Alert and be in the know when prices become cheaper for your destination;
- Before you pick up your car keys and get behind the wheel, check out both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off outlets to make sure you're scoring the best deal in town;
- If you have some elbow room in your schedule, adjust your dates to find cheaper prices on different days of the week;
- If possible, keep the time of your pickup and drop-off as similar as possible. If you bring back your rental car at a later time than you picked it up, you might have to pay for an extra day;
- Keep more dollars in your bank account. You'll get some of the thriftiest deals when you pay in advance for your vehicle;
- Don't let the deal you want slip through your fingers. Book as soon as possible and drive away with your ideal ride.
What kind of rental car should I get for Southport?
No matter your motoring requirements in Southport, CarRentals.com will get you from point A to B quickly and comfortably. If you're in the city for business reasons, a premium car may be right up your alley. These types of vehicles come with high-quality finishes, plush interiors, and a whole host of extras. Traveling on a shoestring budget and in the mood to save a few bucks? A mini or a compact car will suit your needs. Little runabouts like these are economical to run and awesome when it comes to maneuvering through traffic and busy streets. If you've got the little ones (and loads of luggage) in tow, a full-size car will have the space you need.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Southport?
For some of us, owning a luxury vehicle is little more than a pipe dream. But renting your dream ride is as easy as a few clicks! Imagine the thrill of cruising into town in a high-end convertible, even if it's only for a little while. Or perhaps all you're after is a budget ride to get you from point A to point B. Affordable or flashy? Whatever you're looking for, there's a rental car to suit your style in Southport.