What are the major attractions in National Harbor?
If your trip to National Harbor is all locked in but your itinerary is looking a bit empty, we can give you a helping hand.
One glance at a postcard stand will show that a trip to National Harbor is not complete without checking out Jefferson Memorial. Considered the most famous attraction in the city, you might want to schedule more time here than just a quick stop.
George Washington Masonic National Memorial and Nationals Park are fascinating attractions that all travelers should make time to explore. Plan a route and enjoy exploring each one.
Plan a stop at Potomac River Waterfront Park. It's one attraction you'll find on travelers' to-do lists. American Market at National Harbor and The Awakening Sculpture are also not far away and worth a detour.
What are the best road trip destinations near National Harbor?
National Harbor is home to some wonderful sights, but there are other things to keep you amused in the surrounding area. How does a world-renowned attraction sound to you? Baltimore is 40 miles away and the home of National Aquarium in Baltimore. Fill up the gas tank, because it's well worth making a day trip out of.
Where are the best convention centers near National Harbor?
Rental cars are a popular choice for traveling professionals. If your time in National Harbor is mostly for business purposes, you should know where all the business and convention centers are located. These are just some of the top suggestions:
- TopGolf Alexandria (6 miles away).
- Arts and Industries Building (7 miles away).
- Walter E. Washington Convention Center (8 miles away).
How can I get a cheap car rental in National Harbor?
Here are our top tips on how to get behind the wheel of a rental car with some savings in your wallet:
- A car can take you wherever you want — so can the web. Compare the best deals from the top companies in town in just a couple of clicks;
- Register for our Price Drop Alert email and stay up to date when prices become cheaper for your desired location;
- Look at the bargains at all rental locations in town, including the airport terminal and its surrounds. A quick cab journey to a nearby car rental outlet might result in some generous savings;
- You can often save yourself some dollars if your plans are flexible. Look into different days and dates and find out what savings you can score;
- Pickup and drop-off times generally need to be the same (e.g, both 9 a.m.) or you may be required to pay for an extra day unnecessarily;
- If you're in the mood to keep some extra cash in your pocket, pay as soon as you book and drive away with some of the cheapest rates around;
- Finally, lock in your favorite set of wheels as soon as you possibly can to score the biggest savings!
What kind of rental car should I get for National Harbor?
Whether you're on the road by yourself or with the whole gang, we can help find your ideal ride in National Harbor. If you'd rather something small, why not consider a mini? These nifty cars are fun to drive and affordable to run. Excited to check out the surrounding areas? An SUV or a full-size car might be just what you need. If you'd prefer to pull out all the stops this vacation, make an impression with a feature-packed premium car.
Should I get a luxury rental car in National Harbor?
You're spoiled for choice when it comes to rental cars in National Harbor. From sporty models with all the mod cons to economy rides that are a snap to park, you'll find it all here. Choosing your perfect match depends on how much you want to spend and where you plan to go. Some road trips are just begging you to splurge on your dream ride, whereas other adventures don't need more than four wheels and a gas pedal. The choice is yours.