What are the major attractions in Meriden?
If your trip to Meriden is all locked in but your itinerary is a bit on the empty side, let us give you a few hints and tips.
Not far from the city center, Westfield Meriden is one attraction you might like to put on your must-see list. Falcon Field and Hunter Memorial Golf Course are also a stone's throw away and worth taking the time to see.
What are the best road trip destinations near Meriden?
More adventure is right around the corner, so secure that seat belt! Travel 19 miles down the road and swing by Bushnell Park and Mark Twain House. You'll find these superb attractions in Hartford. New Haven is another place to keep your eye on. It's located just 16 miles away. If you make the drive here, Yale University and Yale Bowl should be on your itinerary.
Where are the best convention centers near Meriden?
Often travel for business purposes? Convention centers are probably quite familiar to you. With easy access to hotels, restaurants and cafés, you can be sure your trip will go off without a hitch if you're on your way to any of these places:
- Wadsworth Mansion (7 miles away).
- Connecticut Convention Center (16 miles away).
- Connecticut Expo Center (19 miles away).
How can I get a cheap car rental in Meriden?
We've compiled the best ways to help you save more money:
- Browse as many different bargain deals as you can (we make that job a breeze!);
- Subscribe to our Price Drop Alert service and immediately find out when prices become cheaper for your next vacation destination;
- Weigh up the bargains at all rental locations around town, including the airport terminal and its vicinity. A quick cab journey to a nearby rental car facility could mean some generous savings;
- If you have room to move in your schedule, alter your dates to find cheaper prices on different days of the week;
- Pickup and drop-off times usually need to be around the same time (e.g, both 9 a.m.) or you might be required to pay for another full day;
- Some rental outlets offer discounts if you pay upfront, so be sure to keep a lookout for these penny-pinching offers;
- It's best to make a reservation as soon as your vacation dates are confirmed. You'd hate to miss out because you left it too late!
What kind of rental car should I get for Meriden?
No other mode of transportation can offer you freedom and convenience like your own wheels. No matter the reason for your jaunt to Meriden, CarRentals.com has a terrific range of vehicles to choose from. On a city break with your beloved? Turn up the romance by opting for a convertible. Loads of fun to drive and a snap to park, you'll adore sitting side by side in one of these zippy rides. A minivan is a good choice for families. There's plenty of space for everyone and you can venture wherever you want, whenever you want. If you're traveling for work, a premium car will get you from your hotel to the boardroom in sophisticated style.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Meriden?
You'll be glad to hear that there's a huge range of both high-end and economy rental vehicles in Meriden. What you end up going with is largely dependent on your funds as well as what you plan to do. Specialty and prestige vehicles are all about mod cons and comfort. If you feel like splashing out, why not book an SUV with all the bells and whistles, or perhaps an upmarket mid-sized vehicle? Otherwise, if you're just after a car to get you around town as cheaply as possible, you're better off going with a budget compact vehicle (or something else that won't blow your budget).