How can I get a cheap car rental in New York?
Avoid paying a fortune for a rental car by following our suggestions:
- A car can take you anyplace — so can the web. Compare the best deals from all the top companies in just a few clicks;
- Subscribe to our Price Drop Alert email service and immediately find out when prices become cheaper for your destination;
- Check out the bargains at all rental locations around town, being sure to include both the airport and surrounding area. A short cab journey to a nearby rental car facility may mean substantial savings;
- You can sometimes save a bundle if your vacation plans are flexible. Look at different days and dates and see what savings you can score;
- Pickup and drop-off times generally need to be the same (e.g, both 9 a.m.) or you may be required to pay for an entire extra day;
- Some car rental companies offer big incentives to pay upfront, so look out for these penny-pinching offers;
- Don't let the deal you've been looking for slip through your fingers. Book as soon as you can and lock in your ideal ride.
What is the most popular rental car category in New York?
Who needs all those extra bells and whistles? Economy cars are the most popular rental car category in New York, and for loads of good reasons. You'll experience incredible fuel economy as you navigate the streets of New York and Buffalo in this small vehicle. They're a delight to drive, a cinch to park, and above all, easy on your bank balance.
From rocky coastlines to rivers and mountains, New York boasts some spectacular natural sights. Why not hit the highway and see one or more of them? Leave town and plan some fun day trips. An SUV is ideal for longer drives. Able to cope with all types of roads, these bigger vehicles make it easy to get off the beaten path.
Should I get a luxury rental car in New York?
You'll be glad to know that there's a broad range of luxurious vehicles to rent in New York. What you opt for depends on what you're willing to spend and what you plan to do. Specialty vehicles often spare no expense when it comes to mod cons and comfort. If you're splurging, why not go for an SUV with all the bells and whistles, or perhaps a flashy mid-sized sedan? Otherwise, if you just need a car to get you from A to B as efficiently as possible, go for a versatile compact vehicle (or something else that won't break the bank).