What are the major attractions in Columbia?
If your trip to Columbia is all locked in but your travel itinerary is a bit on the empty side, we can give you a helping hand.
If anybody asks why you're heading here, just show them some pictures of South Carolina State House and University of South Carolina. These noteworthy attractions will guarantee you have a memorable trip.
Plan a stop at Columbia Museum of Art. It's one attraction you'll usually find on travelers' must-do lists. First Baptist Church and Saint Peter's Catholic Church are also not far away and worth a pit stop.
What are the best road trip destinations near Columbia?
With some great road trip options in the surrounding area, renting a car makes good sense. Without one, it wouldn't be half as easy to explore all that Aiken, 50 miles away, has to offer. Hopeland Gardens should be high up on your list here. Aiken County Historical Museum and Bruce's Field are also not to be missed. Don't skip Camden either! Just 31 miles away, Historic Camden Revolutionary War Site, Bethesda Presbyterian Church and Springdale Race Course are essential stops here.
Where are the best convention centers near Columbia?
If you're in town to attend a conference, you'll find Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center situated 0.6 miles from Columbia. During one of the breaks, make your way to a nearby café to grab a few moments to yourself — socializing and networking can be tiring.
How can I get a cheap car rental in Columbia?
Avoid spending an arm and a leg on a rental car by following our recommendations:
- Use our clever filter tool to help steer you toward the cheapest car rental rates in town — then compare the prices;
- Register for our Price Drop Alert email service and be informed immediately when prices become cheaper for your next vacation destination;
- Weigh up the offers at all rental locations, including the airport terminal and its vicinity. A quick cab journey to a neighboring rental car center may result in substantial savings;
- If your vacation is somewhat flexible, modify your dates to find cheaper prices on different days of the week;
- No one enjoys being hit with a late fee. Avoid having to pay for another day by making sure your pickup and drop-off times are similar;
- If you'd love to keep some extra cash in your pocket, pay in advance and bag some of the cheapest rates around;
- The early bird catches the worm, and also the best deals! Book now to secure some great savings.
What kind of rental car should I get for Columbia?
Columbia has lots on offer. You could chill out for a week or more here and barely scratch the surface. To take in as much as you can in this bustling metropolis, a rental car is a must. Bear in mind that driving around big cities often goes hand in hand with tight streets and even tighter parking spaces. But don't worry — a small, economical car can make this a lot easier to manage. If you're in the mood to head out of the city and take a look at some of the wetlands that Columbia is renowned for, you'll probably prefer a car with more cargo space. A mid-size or full-size SUV will suit your needs.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Columbia?
You're spoiled for choice when it comes to renting a car in Columbia. From sporty models with all the mod cons to zippy little compacts that make parking a breeze, you'll find it all here. Choosing your perfect match depends on how much you'd like to spend and what activities you plan on doing. There are some road trips that are just begging you to splurge on your dream ride, whereas others don't need anything more than enough space for your luggage and buddies. Which car will you be sliding behind the wheel of this trip?