Where is Arizona?
There's no better way to experience Arizona than from the comfort of your own rental car. Here are some key facts about Arizona to get your road trip started on the right foot. You can't say that you've explored every nook and cranny of United States of America without stopping by the state of Arizona. While you're here, be sure to make a stop at its capital, Phoenix. This bustling destination is home to about 1,445,600 people.
What are the major attractions in Arizona?
You might find it a challenge scoring a parking spot right in front of these iconic attractions, but trust us — they're most definitely worth a short wander. The very best thing about heading to Arizona is finally checking these off your bucket list:
- Tournament Players Club (TPC) of Scottsdale (16 miles from the center of Phoenix)
- University of Arizona (1 mile from the center of Tucson)
- Montezuma Castle National Monument (4 miles from the center of Sedona)
What are the best road trip destinations in Arizona?
Arizona is a wonderful place to take to the highways behind the wheel of your own rental car. Turn up your favorite playlist and enjoy the convenience of discovering all the region's treasures scattered between each of its top travel destinations. Try to cross off as many of this place's most famous destinations as you can:
- Phoenix (population of 1,445,600)
- Tucson (population of 520,100)
- Yuma (population of 93,100)
- San Tan Valley (population of 81,300)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Arizona?
We've put together a list of the best ways to help you save more money:
- A car can take you anyplace — so can the web. Compare the best deals from the top companies in town in just a few clicks;
- Subscribe to our Price Drop Alert email and be informed immediately when prices become cheaper for your location;
- Weigh up the offers at all rental locations, including the airport and its vicinity. A quick cab trip to a close-by car rental outlet may result in some impressive savings;
- If you're not worried about which day of the week you get the keys to your car and your plans are flexible, play around with days and dates to find the hottest deal;
- So you don't end up paying a late fee or an extra day, aim to keep your pickup and drop-off times the same;
- Some car rental outlets offer discounts if you pay as soon as you book, so be sure to keep an eye out for these kinds of deals;
- The early bird catches the worm, along with the hottest deals! Book now to score some great savings.
What is the most popular rental car category in Arizona?
Comfortable, spacious, and economical — it isn't difficult to see why intermediate cars are the most sought-after rental category in Arizona. These versatile vehicles are ideal for travelers who desire more storage space but also want their car to be small enough to navigate the crowded streets of Phoenix and Tucson. Whether you're heading off on an extended road trip or traveling for work, you're bound to find your ideal ride in our excellent intermediate collection.
Obviously, you can't vacation in Arizona without taking in a few of its natural beauty spots. Road trip around canyons and desert landscapes from the comfort of something larger, like a mid-size SUV. Round up the troops and whatever else you want to take — these vehicles have ample space for your gear and lots of room to move.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Arizona?
There's plenty of choice when it comes to renting a car in Arizona. From people-movers with plenty of room to spare to easy-to-park compacts, you'll find it all here. Choosing your perfect match depends on how much you'd like to spend and what you intend to do. Some road trips are just begging you to splurge on your dream ride, whereas other adventures don't need anything more than enough space for your luggage and buddies. What type of car will it be this time?