What are the major attractions in Jersey City?
If your trip to Jersey City is all organized but your itinerary is looking a little empty, let us give you a helping hand.
You might need to ask the boss for a couple more days off, because Jersey City is bursting at the seams with unmissable sights and landmarks. Make a start at Ellis Island Immigration Museum and Ellis Island. Don't miss Statue of Liberty and Brooklyn Bridge either.
You'll have to jump out of bed early if you want to see all the great attractions this place has to offer. Colgate Clock and One World Trade Center are must-sees. National September 11 Memorial and Battery Park shouldn't be overlooked either.
Stop by Jersey City City Hall. It's one attraction you'll usually find on many visitors' must-do lists. Hudson and Manhattan Railroad Powerhouse and Van Vorst Park are also nearby and worth checking out.
What are the best road trip destinations near Jersey City?
If you've crossed off all the major sights in Jersey City, there's plenty more on offer in the surrounding area. Get back behind the wheel and have a new adventure in Somerset. This appealing day-trip destination features some fascinating attractions, such as Rutgers University, Busch Campus.
Where are the best beaches near Jersey City?
Nothing screams vacation like jumping in the car and heading to the coast. Jersey City has some terrific beaches close by, so bring along a good book (and a kite if the wind's blowing) and make your way to one of these well-known options:
- Franklin D. Roosevelt Boardwalk and Beach (10 miles away).
- Coney Island Beach (11 miles away).
- Plum Beach (11 miles away).
Where are the best convention centers near Jersey City?
After spending time chatting to like-minded individuals, it's always nice to know you can kick back and relax someplace nearby. If you're visiting Jersey City for work, these are some of the popular convention centers that are close to hotels and restaurants:
- Metropolitan Pavilion (3 miles away).
- Cedar Lake (3 miles away).
- Jacob K. Javits Convention Center (3 miles away).
How can I get a cheap car rental in Jersey City?
We've compiled all the tricks of the trade to help you save some serious cash:
- Research as many different deals as you can (we make that job completely painless!);
- By entering your email address into our Price Drop Alert, you'll stay on top of all the best offers for your desired location;
- Before you pick up your keys and hop behind the wheel, check out both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off office locations to make sure you're bagging the cheapest deal around;
- If you're not fussed about which day of the week you collect the keys to your car and your schedule is flexible, play around with days and dates to find the best deal;
- Nobody likes getting a late fee. Avoid paying for another full day by making sure your pickup and drop-off times are around the same time;
- If you're looking to keep some extra cash in your pocket, prepay for your rental and drive away with some of the cheapest rates around;
- Don't let the deal you've been looking for slip through your fingers. Book now and drive away with your ideal ride.
What kind of rental car should I get for Jersey City?
Jersey City is big. You could hang out for a week here and hardly scratch the surface. If you want to experience as much as you can in this dynamic metropolis, you'll need a rental car. Bear in mind that driving in the city usually goes hand in hand with tight streets and limited parking spaces. But don't worry — a small car like a compact can make this a lot easier to manage. If you want to put the city behind you and discover some of the sandy shores that Jersey City is renowned for, you may prefer a rental car with a little more power. A full-size or mid-size SUV are perfect for scenic road trips.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Jersey City?
For some, owning a luxury vehicle may be a little out of reach. But renting the car of your dreams is as easy as a few clicks! Imagine rolling into town in a swanky sports car, even if it's just for a short while. Or perhaps all you want is a trusty set of wheels to get you from point A to point B. Flashy or thrifty? Whatever you decide, one thing's for sure — there's a rental car to suit you in Jersey City.