Car rentals in Gainesville: All you need to know
You need a great car to get around Gainesville whether you're going for a business trip or a vacation. See the famous sites around town and pull up in front of the best restaurants in Gainesville. We've collected the most frequently asked questions about car rentals in Gainesville. Find out how to get the best rates on your ideal vehicle.
Where do I find a great deal on a car rental in Gainesville?
CarRentals.com makes it a cinch to snag the best rates. Simply enter your travel dates and scroll through the variety of car rental companies, select the top rental locations, and find the best packages Gainesville has to offer. You should also:
- Compare and contrast all the deals available
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually save more and get the car of your choice
- Learn about any cost for fuel policy, additional drivers, and mileage limits. This way you will know the total cost before you rent
- Don't get more car than you'll need. Usually, the smaller the car, the lower the rate
Just following even a few of these tips can help you save big on your Gainesville rental car.
What rental suppliers have agencies in Gainesville?
From budget-friendly brands like Fox and Budget to global names like Enterprise and Hertz, CarRentals.com has some of the best brands in the business. Read through the reviews to get an idea of which is best for you.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Gainesville?
Whether you want a roomy family vehicle or a low-cost economy car, the sheer wealth of options in this Georgia metropolis means you're bound to find an automobile that is perfect for you. Some options include:
How old do you have to be to rent a car in Gainesville?
Generally, the age limit for renting a car in Gainesville is 21. However, there might be an additional charge if you're under the age of 25 or for larger or higher category cars in particular. Go over the supplier's terms to discover what the exact price is before you book your rental.
Do I need insurance to rent a car in Gainesville?
Insurance is required, wherever you're renting a car. Nevertheless, you might already be insured by your credit card or car policies. Keep in mind, those policies may not provide 100% coverage, and you'll have to add it on to your booking. Check ahead of time and, if it's needed, you can easily include it at checkout.
Are there different fuel policies?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Here is a list of the typical policies.
You will have to find a gas station near your rental car supplier
What type of fuel policy should I choose?
We usually advise that customers choose the full-to-full policy. This policy is the most straightforward, and you simply top off the tank before you bring it back.
Is it worth getting unlimited miles?
If you wish to check out all that Gainesville and maybe even the rest of Georgia offers, you're going to need unlimited miles. You won't have to worry about extra charges if you decide to drive all over Gainesville. Read the fine print to make certain they are truly "unlimited."
Know before you go
Be sure you check a few things before you leave the car rental lot on your Gainesville adventure. It's worth the time to:
- Check out your vehicle and make certain there is no dents or scratches. If you notice any, mark it down on your paperwork
- Inspect the trunk to determine if the spare is properly inflated and the necessary tools to change it are there
- Familiarize yourself with the car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and wipers
- Figure out how to work the navigation and entertainment. It's best to limit any unneeded distractions when you are navigating a new area
Book your Gainesville rental car today
Maybe you're traveling with your partner and kids, or carpooling with co-workers to and from the hotel to the conference center. Maybe you're traveling solo. No matter who you are traveling with, CarRentals.com has a vehicle that can align with your requirement and not deplete your travel fund.