Car rentals in Devon: All you need to know
A Devon car rental allows you to go where you want, when you want. You'll be able to explore all the sights, and even find out what else the rest of Pennsylvania has to offer. CarRentals.com has collected your most frequently asked questions about renting a car in Devon. Read on to discover which vehicle is perfect for your trip, and how to get the best rates.
How do I get a great deal on a car rental in Devon?
We always try to get you the best price. However, you can try to do a few things to keep your upcoming rental affordable. Make sure to:
- Compare daily and weekly rates from all the different suppliers
- Book as far in advance as possible. You'll usually save more and get the car of your choice
- Learn about any cost for fuel policy, additional drivers, and mileage limits. That way you can make sure you know the true cost before you book
- Don't rent more vehicle than you need. Commonly, the smaller the class the lower the rate
Even a little knowledge can go a long way to getting you the most savings.
What rental companies have outlets in Devon?
From global names like Avis and Enterprise to budget-friendly brands like Payless and Fox, CarRentals.com has some of the best brands in the business. Look through the online reviews to help you figure out which is best for your next trip.
What types and makes of rental cars are on offer in Devon?
That depends on how many people you are traveling with and what activities you want to do in Devon. If you're having difficulty picking the right car, be sure to look over our chart below. We have compared the most popular categories for you:
What's the age requirement to rent a car in Devon?
Generally, the age limit for car rentals in Devon is 21—the same as it is across the rest of the United States of America. Additionally, many suppliers charge an extra fee if you are under 25. Be sure to read over the supplier's terms to discover any additional charges is before you book your vehicle.
Do I need insurance to rent a car in Devon?
Almost all countries require the driver to have insurance. You might be able to buy additional insurance through rental car company, if you are concerned your insurance won't cover your rental during your trip. Otherwise, as a U.S. citizen, you can also book Collision Damage Coverage with CarRentals.com at checkout. Although many major card issuers, like American Express or MasterCard, give some insurance, there are usually restrictions. For instance, they may not cover your rental car if you reserve a larger or luxury vehicle. Make sure to check rental car company's policy before you decide.
What is the fuel policy for Devon rental cars?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Here is a list of the typical policies.
You will have to find an open gas station near your rental car supplier
What fuel policy should I get?
Many suppliers offer a variety of fuel policies. However, full-to-full is our stand-out winner. You simply bring the car back with the same amount of fuel you got it with. Just be sure you make time to shop for the cheapest gas prices.
Is it worth getting unlimited miles?
If you plan to explore all that Devon and maybe even the rest of Pennsylvania offers, you are going to need unlimited miles. You won't have to worry about extra charges if you decide to drive all over Devon. Review the fine print to make sure your mileage is truly "unlimited."
Tips before you leave the lot
Be sure you check out a few items prior to leaving the car rental lot. You should:
- Walk around your car and make sure there is no damage or scrapes. If so, mark it down on the paperwork
- Inspect the trunk to determine if the spare is inflated and the necessary tools to change it are there
- Familiarize yourself with the car. Adjust the mirrors and seats, and note how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Figure out how to work the navigation and entertainment. It's best to limit any unnecessary distractions when you are driving around a new area
Book your Devon car rental today
Maybe you're traveling with your partner and kids, or carpooling with co-workers to and from the hotel to the conference center. Maybe you're traveling solo. CarRentals.com has the ideal rental car that can suit your needs and not break your wallet.