Car rentals in Prince George: All you need to know
You need a great automobile to get around Prince George whether you're traveling for a business or pleasure. Explore the top sites around the region and pull up in front of the best restaurants in Prince George. We've answered the most frequently asked questions about car rentals in Prince George. Read on to find out how to get the best rates on your ideal vehicle.
Where do I find a bargain rental car in Prince George?
CarRentals.com makes it easy to book the best deals. Simply enter your travel dates and go through the list of car rental suppliers, select the top rental locations, and find the most wallet-friendly packages Prince George has to offer. You should also:
- Compare the rates for a few suppliers on the type of car you want
- Book as far in advance as possible. You'll usually get the vehicle of your choice and save more
- Check the fuel and mileage policies. This way you'll avoid any surprises on your final bill
- Determine the car you'll need for your vacation. Don't rent more car than you need
Just following even a few of these tips can help you save on your Prince George rental car.
What rental companies have outlets in Prince George?
In Prince George, there are 4 car rental suppliers to choose from, like Budget. Scan through the online reviews to get an idea of which is best for your next trip.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Prince George?
That depends on your needs and what activities you want to do in Prince George. If you're having trouble picking the right car, be sure to go over our table below. We've compared the most popular categories for you:
What age do you have to be to rent a car in Prince George?
Usually, to rent a car in Prince George you must be at least 21—the same as it is across most of the country. If you are under 25, you might also need to pay a surcharge. Be sure to read the terms to discover what the total is before you book your rental.
Is insurance required to rent a car in Prince George?
When driving in Prince George or the rest of Canada, you will need insurance. Many suppliers need proof of insurance before you pick up your vehicle. Most countries require the driver to have insurance. You may be able to purchase additional insurance through the rental car dealer for your trip, if you know your insurance won't cover your rental during your trip.
Although many of the major card issuers, like Visa or American Express, offer some coverage, there are usually restrictions. For example, they may not cover your rental car if you book a luxury or larger vehicle. Be sure to check the rental car company's policy before you decide.
What are the different fuel policies?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Below is a list of the most common ones.
What fuel policy do you recommend?
We usually recommend that customers opt for the full-to-full policy. This policy is the most straightforward, and you simply top off the tank before you bring it back.
Is it worth getting unlimited miles?
Unlimited miles is a great option if you decide to do a little sightseeing or visit a lot of business associates all over Prince George. You can drive wherever you like without incurring extra charges. Go over your policy to discover if there are any limitations.
Know before you go
Make sure you check out a few things prior to leaving the lot. You should:
- Walk around the vehicle and determine if there is any damage or scratches. If you notice any, write it down on your paperwork
- Check the trunk to determine if the spare is inflated and both the lug wrench and jack are there
- Get familiar with the controls of your car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Get comfortable operating the radio or entertainment features. It's best to limit any unneeded distractions when you are driving around a new city
Book your Prince George rental car today
Use CarRentals.com to get yourself the best wheels Prince George has to offer. Before you know it, you'll be going between the well-known restaurants, famous landmarks, and all the fantastic sites in Prince George.