Car rentals in Kelowna: All you need to know
A Kelowna car rental gives you the opportunity to go where you want, when you want. You'll be able to explore all the sights, and even see what the rest of British Columbia has to offer. CarRentals.com has gathered your most popular questions about car rentals in Kelowna. Keep reading to find out how to get the best rates on your ideal vehicle.
Where can I get a great deal on a car rental in Kelowna?
You are on your way to getting the best price on your car rental by going through us. But, you can do a couple things to keep your next rental affordable. You can:
- Compare all the deals available
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually save more and get the car of your choice
- Check the fuel and mileage policies. You don't want to be surprised with any added costs
- Decide what vehicle you'll need for your drive. Don't get more car than you need
Just following even a few of these tips can help you save on your Kelowna rental car.
What rental suppliers have outlets in Kelowna?
In Kelowna, we have a few rental car companies to pick from, like Enterprise. Look through the reviews to help you figure out which one meets your needs.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Kelowna?
That depends on how many people you are traveling with and what you'll be doing when you visit Kelowna. If you're having trouble choosing, make sure to read over our table below. We've compared the most popular vehicle categories for you:
What's the age requirement to rent a car in Kelowna?
Normally, to rent a car in Kelowna you must be at least 21—the same as it is across the rest of the country. However, you might need to pay a surcharge if you're under 25. Be sure to read over the terms to figure out what the exact fee is before you book your vehicle.
Does Kelowna require rental car insurance?
Most countries require the driver to have insurance. You may be able to purchase interim coverage with the rental car company.Many major card issuers, like Visa or Discover, offer some coverage; however, there may be restrictions. For instance, they may not cover your rental car if you get a luxury or larger vehicle. Check the policy before you decide.
What is the difference between all the fuel policies?
Most suppliers allow you to choose which policy you want. Here is a list of the typical policies.
You will have to search for an open gas station close to your car rental supplier
What type of fuel policy should I choose?
We usually advise that you choose the full-to-full policy. This policy simply means you bring your rental back to the full, and you're all set.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Kelowna?
Unlimited miles is a good choice if you plan to do some sightseeing or visit several customers all over Kelowna. You can cruise as much as you want and not incur additional charges. Make sure to read your rental agreement to find out if there are mileage restrictions.
Before you leave the lot
Before you begin on your Kelowna adventure, make sure you check a few items prior to leaving the car rental lot. It's worth the time to:
- Look over your vehicle and be certain there is no damage or scrapes. If you notice any, mark it down on your paperwork
- Make you have a properly inflated spare tire, lug wrench, and jack in the trunk
- Get familiar with the controls of your car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Figure out how to work the radio or entertainment features. It's best to limit any unnecessary distractions when you are navigating a new city
Book your Kelowna rental car today
Maybe you're traveling with your partner and kids, or carpooling with co-workers to and from the hotel to the conference center. Maybe you're traveling solo. No matter who you're traveling with, CarRentals.com has a rental car that can align with your requirement and not break your wallet.