Car rentals in Vernon: All you need to know
A Vernon car rental allows you to go where you want, when you want. You can check out all the sights, and even see what else the rest of British Columbia has to offer. CarRentals.com has gathered your most popular questions about car rentals in Vernon. Read on to find out the dos and don'ts of booking a rental car.
Where can I find a great deal on a car rental in Vernon?
We always strive to get you the best rate. However, there are a more ways to increase your savings. You can:
- Compare and contrast the rates for a few suppliers on the type of car you want
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually save more and get the car of your choice
- Check the mileage and fuel policies. This way you'll avoid any surprises on your final bill
- Don't rent more vehicle than you need. Generally, the smaller the car, the lower the rate
Even a little knowledge can go a long way to getting you the most savings.
What rental suppliers have retailers in Vernon?
From global names like National and Hertz to budget-friendly brands like Thrifty and Budget, CarRentals.com has some of the best brands in the business. Look through the reviews to get an idea of which is best for you.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Vernon?
Whether you want a roomy family vehicle or a low-cost economy car, the sheer wealth of options in this British Columbia metropolis means you're certain to find a car that suits your needs. Some options include:
How old do you have to be to rent a car in Vernon?
Usually, the age limit for car rentals in Vernon is 21. But, there might be an added charge if you're under the age of 25 or for higher category rentals in particular. Read through the supplier's terms to determine what any additional fees will be before you book your rental.
Will I need insurance to get a car rental in Vernon?
Almost all countries require the driver to have insurance. You might be able to buy additional insurance through rental car supplier for your trip, if you think your insurance won't cover your rental.Several credit cards (MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and Discover) will offer coverage. But there may be limitations, like not covering bigger automobiles such as premium models or some SUVs. It is best to call and find out exactly what your credit card will cover and how much before you travel to Vernon.
What is the difference between all the fuel policies?
Most suppliers allow you to choose which policy you want. Below is a list of the most common ones.
You will need to find an open gas station close to your rental car supplier
What type of fuel policy should I choose?
Many rental car suppliers offer a variety of fuel policies. However, full-to-full is our stand-out choice. You simply bring the car back with the same amount of fuel you got it with. .
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Vernon?
Unlimited mileage is a good option for anyone who don't want to worry about how many miles they are driving. You will just need to make sure there's nothing else in the small print that could add in extra costs.
Know before you go
Be sure you check out a few things before you leave the car rental lot on your Vernon adventure. It's important to:
- Walk around your car and determine if there is any damage or scratches. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Make you have a properly inflated spare tire, lug wrench, and jack in the trunk
- Familiarize yourself with the car. Adjust the mirrors and seats, and note how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Get comfortable operating the entertainment and GPS (if available). It's best to limit any unneeded distractions when you are driving around a new region
Book your Vernon car rental today
Maybe you're traveling solo, maybe you're bringing your partner or kids, or maybe you're carpooling with co-workers to and from the hotel to the conference center. No matter who you're traveling with, CarRentals.com has a rental car that can fit your requirement and not break your wallet.