Car rentals in Temple: All you need to know
A Temple car rental gives you the opportunity to go where you want, when you want. You can check out all the sights, and even find out what the rest of Texas has to offer. CarRentals.com has gathered your most frequently asked questions about renting a car in Temple. Find out the dos and don'ts of car rentals.
How can I get a great deal on a car rental in Temple?
You are on your way to finding the best price on your car rental when you use CarRentals.com. However, you can try to do a few things to keep your upcoming rental affordable. Be sure to:
- Compare and contrast weekly and daily rates from all the different suppliers
- Book as far in advance as possible. You'll usually get the vehicle of your choice and save more
- Learn about any cost for fuel policy, additional drivers, and mileage limits. This way you will know the true cost before you rent
- Don't get more car than you need. Normally, the smaller the car, the cheaper the rate
Even a little rental car know-how can go a long way to getting you the most savings.
What rental suppliers have outlets in Temple?
From budget-friendly brands like Dollar and Thrifty to global names like Hertz and Enterprise, CarRentals.com has some of the best brands in the business. Read through the reviews to get an idea of which is best for you.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Temple?
Whether you want a roomy family vehicle or a low-cost economy car, the sheer wealth of options in this Texas city means you're bound to find a car that is perfect for you. Some options include:
How old do you have to be to rent a car in Temple?
Generally, to rent a car in Temple you must be at least 21. But, you may find that there is an additional charge if you are under 25 or for higher category vehicles in particular. Go over the terms to discover what the exact rate is before you book your vehicle.
Is insurance required to rent a car in Temple?
Insurance is always required, no matter where you're renting a car. That said, you could already be covered by your existing car or credit card policies. Keep in mind, your policies may not provide total coverage, and you'll need to add it on to your booking. Look into it before you book and, if it's necessary, you can simply include it at the CarRentals.com checkout.
What are the different fuel policies?
Most suppliers allow you to choose which policy you want. Below is a list of the most common ones.
You will have to find an open gas station close to the drop-off location
What fuel policy do you recommend?
We usually recommend that you choose the full-to-full policy. This policy simply means you bring your rental back to the full, and you're all set.
Is it worth getting unlimited miles?
If you want to explore all that Temple and maybe even the rest of Texas offers, you are going to need unlimited miles. You can drive as far as you'd like without worrying about additional fees. Read the fine print to make certain your mileage is truly "unlimited."
Know before you go
Make sure you check a few items before you leave the rental lot. You should:
- Check out the car and determine if there is any dents or scratches. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Make you have a properly inflated spare tire, lug wrench, and jack in the trunk
- Get familiar with the controls of your car. Adjust the mirrors and seats, and note how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Figure out how to work the entertainment and GPS (if available). It's best to limit any unneeded distractions when you are navigating a new region
Book your Temple rental car today
Know that you can count on a grand ride that will result in more cash to spare when you reserve your car with CarRentals.com. Cash in on cheap deals on your Temple rental car when you book with us. We'll see you around town.