What are the major attractions in Rio de Janeiro?
If your trip to Rio de Janeiro is all organized but your itinerary is looking a bit empty, let us give you a helping hand.
Sugar Loaf Mountain and Christ the Redeemer should be high on the to-do lists of all Rio de Janeiro explorers. Free up your sightseeing schedule and spend some time getting acquainted with these impressive landmarks!
You'll need to jump out of bed early if you're hoping to see all the notable attractions that this place has to offer. National Library (Biblioteca Nacional) and Catedral de Sao Sebastiao do Rio de Janeiro are no-brainers. Arcos da Lapa and Museum of Modern Art shouldn't be missed either.
Not far from the heart of the city, Sao Francisco da Penitencia Church is one sight you might like to consider adding to your to-do list. Igreja São Francisco da Penitência & Convento de Santo Antônio and Convent of St. Anthony are also close by and worth a pit stop.
What are the best road trip destinations near Rio de Janeiro?
With some terrific day trip options available in the surrounding area, having your own car makes good sense. Without one, it wouldn't be half as easy to enjoy everything that Saquarema, 43 miles away, has to offer. Brazilian Confederation of Volleyball Training Center, Lake's Shopping Center and Oscar Macedo Square alone make the drive out here worthwhile. Don't miss Itaguai either! Just 40 miles away, Sitio Jonosake, Sao Joaoa Batista and Praia da Ilha da Madeira are non-negotiable stops here.
Where are the best beaches near Rio de Janeiro?
No matter whether it's rainy or sunny, you'll be able to see the glorious beaches near Rio de Janeiro from the comfort and freedom of your rental car. As you travel along, keep a watch out for seagulls swooping over these beautiful stretches of coastline:
- Urca Beach (3 miles away).
- Vermelha Beach (4 miles away).
- Praia do Leme (4 miles away).
Where are the best convention centers near Rio de Janeiro?
Rental cars are a wonderful option for professionals who frequently travel. If your time in Rio de Janeiro is mainly for business purposes, you should know where the best business and convention centers are located. These are just some of the top suggestions:
- Casa das Canoas (8 miles away).
- Parque dos Atletas (16 miles away).
- RioCentro Convention Center (16 miles away).
How can I get a cheap car rental in Rio de Janeiro?
Here are our recommendations on how to hop behind the wheel of a rental car with extra cash in your pocket:
- Browse as many different bargain car rental deals as possible (we make that job completely painless!);
- Check your inbox for our popular Price Drop Alert. We'll let you know about all the hot deals cruising around your next vacation destination;
- Check out the deals at all rental locations in town, including the airport and its vicinity. A quick cab trip to a nearby car rental facility could mean substantial savings;
- If you're not worried about which day of the week you pick up the keys to your car and your schedule is flexible, experiment with days and dates to find the best prices;
- Nobody enjoys being hit with a late fee. Avoid the trouble of having to pay for another full day by ensuring your pickup and drop-off times are around the same time;
- Oftentimes companies reward you big time for paying upfront — watch out for these deals;
- Don't let the deal you've been looking for slip through your grasp. Book as soon as you can and secure your dream set of wheels.
What kind of rental car should I get for Rio de Janeiro?
If it's your first visit to Rio de Janeiro, get set for a good time. With notable sights like Sugar Loaf Mountain and Christ the Redeemer, you'll ask yourself why you didn't organize your trip sooner. But like all major cities, getting behind the wheel can be daunting — so why not opt for a compact car or a mini? Parking is a snap and handling is about as easy as it gets. Alternatively, if you're eager to avoid the center and visit the more remote beaches in Rio de Janeiro, opt for a four-wheel drive or an SUV.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Rio de Janeiro?
For some, owning a prestige vehicle is the stuff of fairy tales. But renting the car of your dreams is well within your grasp! Imagine the joy of cruising around town in a high-end sports car, even if it's just for a short while. Or maybe all you're after is a set of wheels to get you quickly from point A to point B. Flashy or affordable? Whatever you decide, there's a rental car to suit your style in Rio de Janeiro.