What are the major attractions in Peoria?
If your trip to Peoria is all sorted out but your travel itinerary is a little on the empty side, let us give you a few hints and tips.
Not far from the city center, Illinois Central College is one sight to consider putting on your to-do list. If you still have some space on your itinerary, Caterpillar Visitors Center and Peoria Riverfront Museum will keep you entertained, too.
What are the best road trip destinations near Peoria?
Time to see what these wheels can do and venture out to Bloomington. Just 34 miles away, a day trip here will be a piece of cake. Drop by McLean County Museum of History and Grossinger Motors Area to start delving into the culture of the region. Then top off your journey with a visit to Illinois Wesleyan University.
Where are the best convention centers near Peoria?
Located 10 miles from Peoria, Avanti's Dome is a fantastic place to go for a work conference. After a big day of mingling and getting to know new faces, you'll be able to hop into your rental car and drive out to a nearby restaurant or go for a leisurely cruise around the area.
How can I get a cheap car rental in Peoria?
Avoid spending an arm and a leg on a rental car by following our top tips:
- Use our clever filter feature to help steer you in the direction of the hottest car rental deals in town — and then compare the prices;
- Register for our Price Drop Alert service and immediately find out when prices fall for your next vacation destination;
- Search for both airport and non-airport pickup outlet locations to be sure you're getting the best possible deal around;
- If your dates are not yet confirmed, see if you can get a better price by choosing different days of the week in your search;
- Pickup and drop-off times typically need to be the same (e.g, both 9 a.m.) or you might be asked to pay for a full extra day;
- Some companies reward you big time for paying upfront — keep your eyes peeled for these deals;
- Last but not least, lock in your wheels as soon as you possibly can to grab a ton of savings!
What kind of rental car should I get for Peoria?
Having your own set of wheels in Peoria will give you the freedom to squeeze in as many attractions as you can. Maybe you can't wait to leave the city behind, get out on the open road, and go wherever the wind takes you. If so, grab the keys to one of our mid-size or full-size SUVs and check out the prairies in the area. If you'd rather experience the bright city lights, take to the wheel of something small. Navigating heavy traffic will be a lot easier in a compact or economy car.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Peoria?
You're spoiled for choice when it comes to renting a car in Peoria. From sporty models with all the mod cons to zippy compacts that make parking a cinch, you'll find it all here. Selecting your perfect match depends on how much you want to spend and what you intend to do. Some road trips are just begging you to splurge on your dream ride, whereas others don't need anything more than enough space for your luggage and buddies. Which will it be this time?