Car rentals in Mcallen: All you need to know
A Mcallen car rental allows you to go where you want, when you want. You'll be able to check out all the sights, and even see what the rest of Texas has to offer. CarRentals.com has collected the most popular questions about renting a car in Mcallen. Read on to find out which vehicle is perfect for your trip, and how to get the best rates.
Where can I get a great deal on a rental car in Mcallen?
CarRentals.com makes it easy to get the cheapest rates. Simply enter your travel dates and scroll through the list of rental companies, select the top rental locations, and find the cheapest packages Mcallen has to offer. You can also:
- Compare and contrast weekly and daily rates from all the different suppliers
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually save more and get the car of your choice
- Learn about any cost for mileage limits, fuel policy, and additional drivers. This way you can make sure you know the total cost before you book
- Decide the car you'll need for your vacation. Don't get more car than you need
Even a little knowledge can go a long way to getting you the most savings.
What rental suppliers have agencies in Mcallen?
From budget-friendly brands like Payless and Fox to global names like Ace and Enterprise, CarRentals.com has some of the best brands in the business. Look through the reviews to help you figure out which one is best for your next trip.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Mcallen?
Whether you want a roomy family vehicle or a low-cost economy car, the sheer wealth of options in this Texas city means you're bound to find an automobile that is perfect for you. Some options include:
How old do you have to be to rent a car in Mcallen?
Generally, to rent a car in Mcallen you must be at least 21. However, you may find that there is an added fee if you are under the age of 25 or for higher category rentals. Read through the supplier's terms to figure out what any additional charges is before you book your rental.
Do I need insurance to rent a car in Mcallen?
Insurance is always needed, no matter where you're renting a car. That said, you could already be insured by your existing car or credit card policies. Keep in mind, your policies might not totally cover your rental, and you'll need to add it on to your booking. Check ahead of time and, if it is necessary, you can simply include it at checkout.
What is the fuel policy for Mcallen rental cars?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Here is a list of the typical policies.
You will need to search for a gas station near the drop-off location
What fuel policy should I get?
We usually advise that you choose the full-to-full policy. This policy simply means you bring your rental back to the full, and you're all set.
Is it worth getting unlimited miles?
Unlimited mileage is a good option for travelers who don't want to worry about incurring any extra charges with the distance they drive. You will just need to make sure there's nothing else in the small print that could add in extra costs.
Tips before you leave the lot
Before you begin on your Mcallen adventure, check a few things prior to leaving the car rental lot. It's important to:
- Inspect your vehicle and make sure there is no dents or scrapes. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Check the trunk to determine if the spare is inflated and both the lug wrench and jack are there
- Familiarize yourself with the car. Adjust the mirrors and seats, and note how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Figure out how to work the entertainment and GPS (if available). You don't want any unneeded distractions in a new city
Book your Mcallen car rental today
Maybe you're traveling with your partner and kids, or carpooling with co-workers to and from the hotel to the conference center. Maybe you're traveling solo. CarRentals.com has the ideal vehicle that can align with your needs and not break your wallet.