What are the major attractions in Madison?
If your trip to Madison is all organized but your itinerary is looking a bit empty, we can give you a few hints and tips.
You'll have to rise with the sun if you're planning to see all the notable attractions this place has to offer. Wisconsin Historical Museum and Chazen Museum of Art are no-brainers. Camp Randall Stadium and Henry Vilas Zoo shouldn't be missed either.
Not too far from the city center, Madison Museum of Contemporary Art is one spot you might like to consider putting on your to-do list. If you still have some space on your travel schedule, Orpheum Theater and State Street Shopping will keep you entertained, as well.
What are the best road trip destinations near Madison?
Time to get those wheels spinning and venture out to Lake Mills. Just 25 miles away, a road trip here will be a piece of cake. Stop in at Lewis Station Winery and Tyranena Brewing Company to start discovering the culture of the region. Then continue your journey by visiting Lake Mills Golf Course.
Where are the best beaches near Madison?
Shorelines are awesome places to fly a kite. If it's a windy day, why not buckle the little ones into the car and go on an outing to Troll Beach? It's 16 miles from Madison and is a glorious place for some family fun.
Where are the best convention centers near Madison?
If you're here to attend a business conference, you'll find Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center located 0.6 miles away. During one of the breaks, make your way to a nearby café to grab a cup of coffee — socializing and networking can be quite exhausting.
How can I get a cheap car rental in Madison?
Here you'll find our top suggestions if you want to grab the biggest discounts on a rental car:
- Our hard-working filter tool will be your new best buddy. Compare the cheapest discounts from all over the web with just a few clicks;
- By submitting only your email address into our Price Drop Alert, you'll be notified of all the best bargains for your selected location;
- Research is the key to scoring the cheapest rentals deals in town, so be sure to look into both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off outlets before you lock in your ride;
- If you're not fussed about which day of the week you get the keys to your car and your travel plans are flexible, play around with days and dates to find the hottest deal;
- To avoid paying a late fee or an extra day, try to keep your pickup and drop-off times the same;
- Some car rental outlets offer big incentives to pay right away, so keep a lookout for these kinds of deals;
- It's best to make a reservation as soon as your dates are finalized. The early bird gets the worm!
What kind of rental car should I get for Madison?
Sure, you can explore Madison without renting a vehicle. But with so much to see and experience here, having one would definitely make your trip more convenient and fun. If you're eager to get out of town and into Mother Nature, pick a car rental with some power. A mid-size or full-size SUV will get you to the area's lakes in comfort and style. Going to spend the majority of your time in the city? A mini or compact car is your best bet. Driving through narrow streets and squeezing into tight parking lots will be easy with one of these.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Madison?
Sometimes the journey is more significant than the destination, which makes your car choice particularly important. If you're about to head off on an epic road trip around Madison, a spacious SUV could be the best solution. If you're hoping for a fantastic bargain and plan on doing a lot of city driving, a versatile compact is a wise pick. All you need to do is work out what's going to be the best fit, round up the troops, and start clocking up those miles.