Car rentals in Kankakee: All you need to know
You want a great automobile to take you around Kankakee whether you're traveling for a business trip or a vacation. Explore the famous sites around town and pull up in front of the popular restaurants in Kankakee. CarRentals.com has gathered your most frequently asked questions about car rentals in Kankakee. Find out the dos and don'ts of car rentals.
Where can I find a great deal on a car rental in Kankakee?
You're well on your way to finding the best deal on your car rental with us. However, there are a more ways to increase your savings. You can:
- Compare the rates for a few suppliers on the type of car you want
- Book as far in advance as possible. You'll usually get the vehicle of your choice and save more
- Check the mileage and fuel policies. You don't want to be surprised with any added costs
- Decide the car you'll need for your trip. Don't get more car than you need
Just following even a few of these tips can help you save big on your Kankakee rental car.
What rental suppliers have agencies in Kankakee?
From global names like Ace and Enterprise to budget-friendly brands like Economy and Budget, CarRentals.com has some of the best brands in the business. Read through the reviews to help you figure out which one meets your needs.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Kankakee?
Whether you want a roomy family vehicle or a low-cost economy car, the sheer wealth of options in this Illinois metropolis means you're bound to find a vehicle that suits your needs. Some options include:
What age do you have to be to rent a car in Kankakee?
Typically, to rent a car in Kankakee you must be at least 21. But, you may find that there is an additional charge if you are under the age of 25 or for larger or higher category rentals. Go through the supplier's terms to figure out what the exact rate will be before you rent your car.
Will I need insurance to get a car rental in Kankakee?
Almost all countries require the driver to have insurance. You may be able to buy additional insurance through rental car supplier, if you think your insurance won't cover your rental. Otherwise, as a United States citizen, you can also book Collision Damage Coverage with CarRentals.com at checkout. Many credit cards (MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and Discover) will offer coverage. But many of them have restrictions, like not covering larger automobiles such as trucks or SUVs. Make sure to call and find out exactly what your credit card will cover and how much before you travel to Kankakee.
What is the fuel policy for Kankakee rental cars?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Below is a list of the most common ones.
You will need to search for an open gas station near the drop-off location
What type of fuel policy should I choose?
We usually suggest that customers choose the full-to-full policy. This policy simply means you bring your rental back to the full, and you're all set.
Is it worth getting unlimited miles?
Unlimited mileage is a good option for travelers who don't want to worry about how many miles they are driving. You will just need to make sure there's nothing else in the small print that could add in extra costs.
Before you drive off
Make sure you go over a few items before you leave the car rental lot. You should:
- Check out the car and determine if there is any damage or scrapes. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Check the trunk to determine if the spare is properly inflated and both the lug wrench and jack are there
- Get familiar with the controls of your car. Adjust the mirrors and seats, and note how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Get comfortable working the entertainment and GPS (if available). It's best to limit any unneeded distractions when you are driving around a new region
Book your Kankakee car rental today
Know that you can count on a grand set of wheels that will leave you with extra cash in the bank when you reserve with CarRentals.com. Cash in on cheap deals on your impeccable Kankakee car rental when you book with CarRentals.com. We'll see you around town.