Car rentals in Halifax: All you need to know
A Halifax car rental allows you to go where you want, when you want. You'll be able to explore all the sights, and even see what else the rest of Nova Scotia has to offer. CarRentals.com has collected the most popular questions about car rentals in Halifax. Keep reading to discover which vehicle is perfect for your trip, and how to get the best rates.
Where can I get a great deal on a car rental in Halifax?
CarRentals.com makes it easy to snag the cheapest rates. Just type in your travel dates and go through the variety of car rental companies, pick the top rental locations, and find the cheapest offers in Halifax. You should also:
- Compare the rates for a few suppliers on the type of car you want
- Book as far in advance as possible. You'll usually save more and get the car of your choice
- Check the mileage and fuel policies. You don't want to be surprised with any additional costs
- Don't get more car than you'll need. Typically, the smaller the class the lower the rate
Even a little rental car know-how can go a long way to getting you the most savings.
What rental suppliers have retailers in Halifax?
There are around a dozen car rental suppliers in the Halifax area. You'll find well-known companies like Enterprise and Hertz and wallet-friendly suppliers like Economy and Budget. Read through the reviews to get an idea of which one meets your needs.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Halifax?
That depends on your needs and what activities you want to do in Halifax. If you're having a bit of trouble deciding, be sure to go over our table below. We have compared the most popular vehicle categories for you:
What age do you have to be to rent a car in Halifax?
Normally, the age limit for car rentals in Halifax is 21—the same as it is across the rest of the country. However, you might need to pay a surcharge if you're under 25. Be sure to go over the rental agreement to find any additional fees is before you reserve your rental.
Do I need insurance to rent a car in Halifax?
Most countries require the driver to have insurance. You may be able to pay for interim coverage with the rental car supplier.Although many of the major card issuers, like MasterCard or Discover, give some insurance, there may be restrictions. For instance, you may not be covered if you book a luxury or larger vehicle. Check the policy before you decide.
Are there different fuel policies?
Most suppliers allow you to choose which policy you want. Here is a list of the typical policies.
What fuel policy do you recommend?
We usually recommend that customers choose the full-to-full policy. This policy simply means you bring your rental back to the full, and you're all set.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Halifax?
If you want to explore all that Halifax offers, you're going to need unlimited miles. You can drive as far as you'd like without worrying about additional fees. Read the fine print to make certain your mileage is truly "unlimited."
What are some things to do in Halifax?
There is tons to see and do in Halifax. This city has around 11 attractions that it is known for. Some of the most popular are:
- Alexander Keith's Brewery
- Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21
Fortunately, you can drive to the one you want or see all of them.
Tips before you leave the lot
Make sure you check out a few items prior to leaving the rental lot. It's worth the time to:
- Look over the vehicle and make certain there is no dents or scratches. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Check the trunk to determine if the spare is inflated and the jack and lung wrench are there
- Familiarize yourself with the car. Adjust the mirrors and seats, and note how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Get comfortable working the entertainment and GPS (if available). It's best to limit any unnecessary distractions when you are driving around a new city
Book your Halifax rental car today
Use CarRentals.com to get the best wheels Halifax has to offer. Before you know it, you'll be going between the highly-rated restaurants, world-famous landmarks, and all the marvelous sites in Halifax.