Where is Nova Scotia?
There's no better way to soak up Nova Scotia than from behind the wheel of your own rental car. Here are some key facts about Nova Scotia to get your adventure started on the right foot. You can't say that you've explored every nook and cranny of Canada without visiting the state of Nova Scotia. While you're here, be sure to swing by its capital, Halifax. This bustling destination is home to about 114,500 people.
What are the major attractions in Nova Scotia?
Unmissable sights are around almost every corner in Nova Scotia. Buckle up and we'll tell you about a few of them. Halifax Citadel is 0.4 miles from the middle of Halifax and ought to be number one on your itinerary. You'll need to keep your eyes peeled for a parking spot though — it can get busy here.
What are the best road trip destinations in Nova Scotia?
Being in control of where and when you travel is one of the greatest advantages of having your own rental car on vacation. Call the shots during your journey around Nova Scotia and enjoy the freedom of discovering its biggest and best destinations at your own pace. Here are some of the most popular cities to explore in this extraordinary place:
- Halifax (population of 114,500)
- New Glasgow (population of 20,300)
- Amherst (population of 9,300)
- Yarmouth (population of 7,500)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Nova Scotia?
Below are our top recommendations if you're looking to bag the best deal on a car rental:
- Use our nifty filter tool to point you toward the cheapest car deals around — and then compare the prices;
- Sign up for our Price Drop Alert service and stay up to date when prices become cheaper for your desired location;
- Check out the deals at all rental locations, including the airport terminal and its surrounds. A quick cab journey to a close-by car rental outlet could mean some impressive savings;
- If your vacation dates are not set in stone, try scoring a lower price by switching up the days in your search;
- To avoid paying a late fee or an extra day, aim to keep your pickup and drop-off times the same;
- Sometimes car rental outlets offer big incentives to pay as soon as you book, so be sure to keep your eyes open for these great deals;
- Don't let the deal you want slip through your fingers. Book as soon as possible and zoom off with your ideal set of wheels.
What is the most popular rental car category in Nova Scotia?
In search of something that won't hurt your hip pocket? Say hello to the economy car. This efficient small vehicle is the most popular sort of rental car in Nova Scotia (and ideal if you're road tripping on a budget). Fuel up the tank for less and you'll be zooming around cities like Halifax and Truro in no time.
From tablelands to streams and cliffs, Nova Scotia offers some striking scenery. Why not venture out and see the best of them? Hightail it out of the city and arrange some fun excursions. A full-size SUV is perfect for those longer drives. With an ability to take on any kind of terrain, these larger vehicles make it a snap to go off the beaten track.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Nova Scotia?
There's more than enough choice when it comes to renting a car in Nova Scotia. From sporty models with all the mod cons to agile compacts, you'll find it all here. Deciding on your perfect match depends on your budget and what you intend to do. There are some road trips that are just begging you to splurge on your dream ride, whereas other adventures don't need anything more than enough space for your luggage and buddies. Which will it be this time?