Car rentals in Guadalajara: All you need to know
A Guadalajara car rental allows you to go where you want, when you want. You'll be able to check out all the sights, and even find out what else the rest of Jalisco has to offer. CarRentals.com has gathered your most popular questions about renting a car in Guadalajara. Read on to discover the dos and don'ts of booking a rental car.
Where do I get a great deal on a rental car in Guadalajara?
CarRentals.com always strives to get you the best deal. However, to get the most savings on your trip to Guadalajara you can do a few things. Be sure to:
- Compare daily and weekly rates from all the different suppliers
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually get your vehicle of your choice and save more
- Educate yourself on any cost for fuel policy, additional drivers, and mileage limits. That way you will know the total cost before you rent
- Determine the car you'll need for your vacation. Don't get more car than you need
These tips can help you save even more on your next car rental in Guadalajara.
What rental companies have retailers in Guadalajara?
From budget-friendly brands like Dollar and Thrifty to global names like Advantage and Hertz, CarRentals.com has some of the best brands in the business. Read through the reviews to help you figure out which one is best for you.
What types and makes of rental cars are on offer in Guadalajara?
Whether you want a roomy family vehicle or a low-cost economy car, the sheer wealth of options in this Jalisco town means you're certain to find an automobile that suits your needs. Some options include:
How old do you have to be to rent a car in Guadalajara?
Generally, to rent a car in Guadalajara you must be at least 21—the same as it is across most of the country. If you are under 25, you might also need to pay a surcharge. Be sure to read the rental agreement to discover what the exact rate will be before you book your vehicle.
Do I need insurance to rent a car in Guadalajara?
Almost all countries require driver's insurance. You may be able to purchase additional insurance through rental car company, if you are concerned your insurance won't cover your rental during your trip.Although many of the major card issuers, like American Express or MasterCard, give some insurance, there are usually restrictions. For instance, you may not be covered if you get a luxury or larger vehicle. Check the policy before you decide.
What are the different fuel policies?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Here is a list of the typical policies.
You will have to find a gas station near your rental car supplier
What fuel policy do you recommend?
We encourage a full tank policy. You pick up your rental with a full tank, and you will want to return it topped off. If you want to save some money, it is best to find a filling station before returning the vehicle. Stations close to airports or car rental places tend to have higher prices.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Guadalajara?
If you want to see all that Guadalajara offers, you are going to want unlimited miles. You can drive as far as you'd like without worrying about additional fees. Read the fine print to be sure they are actually "unlimited."
Tips before you leave the lot
Make sure you check a few items before you leave the rental lot. You should:
- Look over your vehicle and determine if there is any dents or scrapes. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Check the trunk to determine if the spare is properly inflated and the necessary tools to change it are there
- Familiarize yourself with the car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Figure out how to work the entertainment and GPS (if available). It's best to limit any unneeded distractions when you are driving around a new region
Book your Guadalajara car rental today
Maybe you're carpooling with co-workers to and from the hotel to the conference center, maybe you're traveling solo, or maybe you're bringing your partner or kids. CarRentals.com has the ideal vehicle that can fit your needs and not deplete your travel piggy bank.