What are the major attractions in Bucharest?
There'll never be a boring moment on this vacation! You'll have to roll out of bed early if you want to check out all the fascinating sights that this place has to offer. Romanian Athenaeum and the Arcul de Triumf are no-brainers. The National Museum of Art of Romania and the Museum of the Romanian Peasant shouldn't be missed either.
Near the city center, Palace of the Parliament is one attraction you might like to consider putting on your to-do list. If you still have room on your itinerary, the National Museum of Romanian History and the Bucharest Botanical Garden will keep you on the go, as well.
What are the best road trip destinations near Bucharest?
Want to see what's going on in nearby Brazi? What's 30 miles when you've got your very own car? Anyway, the journey is half the fun! After you've stretched your legs and had a bite to eat, it'll be time to admire the sights. We recommend starting with St. John the Baptist Cathedral, the Clock Museum and Central Market Hall. Lying 35 miles away, Ploiesti is another popular option. If you visit, make sure you get to the Synagogue, the History & Archaeology Museum and the Museum of Natural Science.
How can I get a cheap car rental in Bucharest?
Avoid spending a fortune on a rental car by following our top tips:
- Look into as many different offers as you can (we make that job as easy as pie!);
- Register for our Price Drop Alert and be informed immediately when prices get lower for your location;
- Research is the key to scoring the cheapest rentals deals in town, so be sure to take a look at both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off outlets before you book your ride;
- If you've got a bit of elbow room timing-wise, alter your dates to find better prices on different days of the week;
- No one likes getting charged a late fee. Avoid the hassle of having to pay for another full day by ensuring your pickup and drop-off times are around the same time;
- If you're in the mood to keep some extra cash in your pocket, pay in advance and score some of the cheapest rates around;
- And lastly, lock in your wheels as soon as you can to bag yourself a heap of savings!