Car rentals in Baton Rouge: All you need to know
You need a great automobile to get around Baton Rouge whether you're traveling for a business or pleasure. Check out the famous sites around the area and pull up in front of the popular restaurants in Baton Rouge. CarRentals.com has gathered the most frequently asked questions about renting a car in Baton Rouge. Find out the dos and don'ts of booking a rental car.
Where do I get a great deal on a rental car in Baton Rouge?
CarRentals.com makes it easy to grab the cheapest rates. Just type in your travel dates and scroll through the variety of rental suppliers, pick the top rental locations, and find the most wallet-friendly packages Baton Rouge has to offer. You should also:
- Compare and contrast daily and weekly rates from all the different suppliers
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually save more and get the car of your choice
- Learn about any cost for fuel policy, additional drivers, and mileage limits. This way you can make sure you know the actual cost before you book
- Decide the car you'll need for your drive. Don't get more car than you need
These tips can help you save even more on your next car rental in Baton Rouge.
What rental suppliers have outlets in Baton Rouge?
We have around a dozen rental car providers in the Baton Rouge area. You'll find well-known companies like National and Enterprise and wallet-friendly suppliers like Payless and Fox. Look through the reviews to get an idea of which one meets your needs.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Baton Rouge?
Whether you want a roomy family vehicle or a low-cost economy car, the sheer wealth of options in this Louisiana town means you're bound to find a vehicle that suits your needs. Some options include:
What age do you have to be to rent a car in Baton Rouge?
Typically, the age limit for renting a car in Baton Rouge is 21—the same as it is across the rest of the United States of America. However, you might need to pay a surcharge if you're under 25. Be sure to read over the supplier's terms to determine what the total will be before you book your vehicle.
Do I need insurance to rent a car in Baton Rouge?
Most countries require the driver to have insurance. You may be able to purchase additional insurance through rental car company for your trip, if you are concerned your insurance won't cover your rental. Otherwise, as a U.S. citizen, you can also book Collision Damage Coverage with CarRentals.com at checkout. Although many of the major card issuers, like Visa and MasterCard, give some coverage, there are usually restrictions. For instance, you may not be covered if you get a larger or luxury vehicle. Make sure to check rental car supplier's policy before you decide.
What are the different fuel policies?
Most suppliers allow you to choose which policy you want. Here is a list of the typical policies.
What fuel policy do you recommend?
Most rental car companies give you a full tank policy. At CarRentals.com, we encourage returning your car filled up. If you want to keep your expenses lower, it is best to find a filling station before returning the vehicle. Stations near airports or car rental places tend to have higher prices.
Is it worth getting unlimited miles?
Unlimited miles is a good choice if you decide to do some sightseeing or visit several business associates all over Baton Rouge. You can cruise wherever you like without incurring added charges. Make sure to read your rental agreement to discover if there are any restrictions.
Tips before you leave the lot
Before you begin on your Baton Rouge trip, check out a few items prior to leaving the lot. You should:
- Inspect your vehicle and determine if there is any damage or scrapes. If so, write it down on your paperwork
- Inspect the trunk to determine if the spare is properly inflated and the necessary tools to change it are there
- Get familiar with the controls of your car. Adjust the mirrors and seats, and note how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Get comfortable working the radio or entertainment features. It's best to limit any unneeded distractions when you are navigating a new region
Book your Baton Rouge car rental today
Use CarRentals.com to get yourself the best wheels Baton Rouge has to offer. Before you know it, you'll be driving between the well-known restaurants, famous landmarks, and all the fantastic sites in Baton Rouge.