Car rentals in Akron: All you need to know
You need a great car to take you around Akron whether you're going for a business or pleasure. Explore the top sites around the area and pull up in front of the best restaurants in Akron. CarRentals.com has gathered the most frequently asked questions about car rentals in Akron. Read on to see which vehicle is perfect for your trip, and how to get the best rates.
Where do I find a great deal on a car rental in Akron?
CarRentals.com makes it easy to snag the cheapest deals. Just type in your travel dates and go down the variety of car rental companies, choose the top rental locations, and find the best packages Akron has to offer. You can also:
- Compare and contrast the rates for a few suppliers on the type of car you want
- Book as far in advance as possible. You'll usually get your vehicle of your choice and save more
- Learn about any cost for fuel policy, additional drivers, and mileage limits. That way you will know the actual cost before you book
- Don't get more car than you need. Usually, the smaller the class the cheaper the rate
Even a little knowledge can go a long way to getting you the most savings.
What rental companies have agencies in Akron?
CarRentals.com has around a half-dozen rental companies to decide from in Akron. You'll find some of the best companies, like Enterprise. Look through the online reviews to get an idea of which is best for your next trip.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Akron?
Whether you want a roomy family vehicle or a low-cost economy car, the sheer wealth of options in this Ohio metropolis means you're bound to find an automobile that is perfect for you. Some options include:
How old do you have to be to rent a car in Akron?
Usually, to rent a car in Akron you must be at least 21. However, you may find that there is an additional fee if you're under 25 or for higher category vehicles. Go over the supplier's terms to determine what any additional fees will be before you book your car.
Will I need insurance to get a car rental in Akron?
Insurance is required, wherever you rent a vehicle. With that said, you could already be covered by your existing car or credit card policies. Keep in mind, these policies may not cover you 100%, and you'll need to add it to your booking for Akron. Look into it before you book and, if it's necessary, you can easily add it at the CarRentals.com checkout.
Are there different fuel policies?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Below is a list of the most common ones.
You will need to search for an open gas station close to your rental car supplier
What fuel policy do you recommend?
We usually suggest that you choose the full-to-full policy. This policy simply means you bring your rental back to the full, and you're all set.
Is it worth getting unlimited miles?
If you plan to check out all that Akron and maybe even the rest of Ohio offers, you're going to want unlimited miles. You won't have to worry about extra charges if you decide to drive all over Akron. Review the fine print to make certain your mileage is actually "unlimited."
Tips before you leave the lot
Be sure you check a few items before you leave the lot on your Akron adventure. It's important to:
- Inspect your car and make sure there is no damage or scratches. If you notice any, write it down on your paperwork
- Check the trunk to see if the spare is inflated and the necessary tools to change it are there
- Familiarize yourself with the car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and wipers
- Get comfortable working the entertainment and GPS (if available). It's best to limit any unneeded distractions when you are driving around a new region
Book your Akron rental car today
Maybe you're traveling solo, maybe you're bringing your partner or kids, or maybe you're carpooling with co-workers to and from the hotel to the conference center. CarRentals.com has the ideal rental car that can suit your needs and not deplete your travel piggy bank.