Car rentals in University Park: All you need to know
You need a great car to take you around University Park whether you're going for a business trip or a vacation. Check out the famous sites around town and park in front of the best restaurants in University Park. We've gathered your most frequently asked questions about renting a car in University Park. Read on to see which vehicle is perfect for your trip, and how to get the best rates.
Where can I get a bargain rental car in University Park?
You are on your way to getting the best deal on your car rental with CarRentals.com. However, you can remember a couple things to keep your upcoming booking affordable. You can:
- Compare the rates for a few suppliers on the type of car you want
- Book as far in advance as possible. You'll usually save more and get the car of your choice
- Check the mileage and fuel policies. This way you'll avoid any surprises on your final bill
- Don't get more vehicle than you need. Generally, the smaller the car, the lower the rate
Even a little knowledge can go a long way to getting you the most savings.
What rental companies have retailers in University Park?
From budget-friendly brands like Economy and Budget to global names like Enterprise and Sixt, CarRentals.com has some of the best brands in the business. Look through the online reviews to help you figure out which one is best for you.
What types and makes of rental cars are on offer in University Park?
Whether you want a roomy family vehicle or a low-cost economy car, the sheer wealth of options in this Iowa city means you're certain to find a vehicle that suits your needs. Some options include:
What's the age requirement to rent a car in University Park?
Typically, the age limit for renting a car in University Park is 21—the same as it is across the rest of the USA. If you are under 25, you might also need to pay a surcharge. Be sure to read the supplier's terms to find what the exact rate will be before you rent your vehicle.
Is insurance required to rent a car in University Park?
Insurance is always needed, no matter where you rent a vehicle. With that said, your current car insurance may cover you. Additionally, if you pay for the rental in full using your credit card, the card's policy may also insure you. Keep in mind, those policies may not cover you 100%, and you'll need to add it to your booking for University Park. Check in advance and, if it is needed, you can easily include it at the CarRentals.com checkout.
Are there different fuel policies?
Most suppliers allow you to choose which policy you want. Below is a list of the most common ones.
What type of fuel policy should I choose?
We usually recommend that customers opt for the full-to-full policy. This policy is the most straightforward, and you simply top off the tank before you bring it back.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in University Park?
If you wish to see all that University Park and maybe even the rest of Iowa offers, you are going to need unlimited miles. You can drive as far as you'd like without worrying about additional fees. Go over the fine print to make certain they are truly "unlimited."
Know before you go
Be sure you check out a few items before you leave the rental lot. It's important to:
- Inspect the car and determine if there is any dents or scrapes. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Check the trunk to see if the spare is properly inflated and the necessary tools to change it are there
- Get familiar with the controls of your car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and wipers
- Get comfortable operating the radio or entertainment features. It's best to limit any unnecessary distractions when you are navigating a new area
Book your University Park rental car today
Maybe you're traveling with your partner and kids, or carpooling with co-workers to and from the hotel to the conference center. Maybe you're traveling solo. CarRentals.com has the ideal vehicle that can fit your needs and not deplete your travel fund.