Where is Thailand?
Driving in a new and unfamiliar country is a daunting experience for some people, but there's no need to worry. Get your head around the following facts and you'll be cruising your rental car through the winding roads of Thailand in no time at all. Located on the continent of Asia, Thailand has loads to offer every kind of traveler. No trip here could be considered complete without stopping by the country's capital, Bangkok.
What are the major attractions in Thailand?
What's the point of picking up a rental car if you aren't going to take a look at this place's most exciting sights? Thailand is home to some truly bucket-list worthy attractions. Here are a few you just simply can't miss:
- Wat Phra That Doi Kong Mu (4 miles from the center of Mae Hong Son, Mae Hong Son (province))
- Si Satchanalai Historical Park (12 miles from the center of Si Satchanalai, Sukhothai (province))
- Sukhothai Historical Park (5 miles from the center of Sukhothai, Sukhothai (province))
What are the best road trip destinations in Thailand?
Thailand is a fantastic place to cruise the highways and back streets in your own rental vehicle. Crank up the music and enjoy the flexibility and convenience of visiting all the region's treasures dotted between each of its most famous tourist destinations. Get out and discover some (or all) of this place's most famous cities:
- Bangkok (population of 5,104,500)
- Udon Thani (population of 247,200)
- Nakhon Ratchasima (population of 208,800)
- Chiang Mai Province (population of 201,000)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Thailand?
Here are our recommendations on how to hit the road with some savings in your pocket:
- Use our convenient filter tool to steer you in the direction of the cheapest car deals in town — and then compare the prices;
- Set up an email Price Drop Alert for your next vacation destination. You never know what sensational bargains will hightail it into your inbox;
- Check the deals at all rental locations around town, including the airport and surrounding area. A brief cab drive to a nearby rental car outlet may result in some generous savings;
- You can often save yourself some dollars if your travel plans are flexible. Look at different days and dates and find out how much you can save;
- Nobody likes being charged a late fee. Avoid paying for another day by making sure your pickup and drop-off times are around the same time;
- Keep more hard-earned dollars in your bank account. You'll score some of the cheapest deals when you prepay your rental car;
- The early bird catches the worm, along with the best deals! Book now to score some great savings, on top of your ideal set of wheels.