What are the major attractions in Chiang Mai Province?
The Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep and the Chiang Mai National Museum belong on the itineraries of all Chiang Mai Province wanderers. Clear up your schedule and spend some time getting acquainted with these wonderfully spectacular attractions!
If your family and friends ask why you're coming here, just show them some pictures of the Chiang Mai Zoo and the Wat Chiang Man. These fabulous attractions will guarantee you have an awesome trip.
Not too far from the city center, the Chiang Mai City Arts & Cultural Center is one sight you might like to add to your must-see list. Chiang Mai Night Bazaar and the Wat Chedi Luang are also close by and worth taking the time to see.
What are the best road trip destinations near Chiang Mai Province?
The best part about having your own set of wheels is that you can travel anywhere, anytime. Make full use of your newfound freedom by exploring all there is to do in Lamphun. After all, it's just 17 miles away. The Hariphunchai National Museum should be high up on your list here. Wat Chama Thewi and the Wat Phra That Hariphunchai are fantastic attractions too. Locals are also likely to point you in the direction of Chiang Dao, 4 miles away. If you can only see one thing here, let it be Chiang Dao Cave. (But we'd also recommend the Wat Tham Pha Plong and Doi Chiang Dao.)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Chiang Mai Province?
We've put together a list of our top tips and tricks to help you keep more money in your purse:
- Look into as many different bargain deals as possible (we make that task simple as ABC!);
- By entering only your email address (and not your driver's license, life history and dog's middle name) into our Price Drop Alert, you'll stay up to date with all the best deals for your desired location;
- Before you pick up your car keys and hop behind the wheel, check both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off locations to make sure you're getting the cheapest deal around;
- You can sometimes save a bundle if your vacation plans are flexible. Play with different days and dates and find out what savings you can score;
- Pickup and drop-off times typically need to be similar (e.g, both 11 a.m.) or you might be charged for an entire extra day;
- Sometimes companies reward you big time for paying upfront — keep your eyes open for these money-saving deals;
- Make your booking as soon as your dates are confirmed. The early bird catches the worm!