Car rentals in South Beach: All you need to know
Life is grand when you’re by the sand. And when it comes to vacations—or hey, even work trips—there are few better places to be than South Beach, Miami. Known for its Art Deco architecture and the best Cuban food you’ll ever eat in your life, this slice of paradise is meant for exploration. So why not explore? When you pick out a South Beach car rental, you can cruise along the shore and bring back plenty of restaurant leftovers to your hotel.
With easy access to the shore and entertainment districts, South Beach more than earns its status as a must-see destination. Here are some of the top things to do around South Beach:
- The shore - When you’re in South Beach, time at the water is a requirement. Plant your umbrella anywhere along Ocean Drive for a day of primo sunbathing. Whether it’s the weekend or weekday, it’s the perfect place to stretch out for the afternoon.
- The Fillmore - This jewel of South Beach sees nothing but big-name acts ranging from pop, electronic, soul, and Latin. When you’re ready to let loose on your vacation, make a date at the Fillmore.
- Great food - It’s not a Miami vacation without eating your heart out. Park your South Beach rental car along Espanola Way for top-notch European food, or head to Lincoln Road to try out new restaurants making a name for themselves.
Due to its southern location, South Beach enjoys warm subtropical weather year-round. The best times to visit are between March and May, when the weather tends to hover around 7 to 8 degrees outside.
When you’re driving around in your rental car, make a stop along any of these popular avenues:
- Lincoln Road – It’s one of the most famous streets in South Beach, and for good reason: There are tons of boutiques, restaurants, bookstores, and pubs lining the way.
- Ocean Drive – Lined with Art Deco-style buildings, bars, galleries, and antique shops, this street is as iconic as the city itself.
- Collings Ave – This stretch of road has a ton of clothing stores where you can pick out your beachwear for the weekend.
- Washington Ave – This avenue is lined with several shops, including places that sell skate and surf gear.
With warm weather and endless shoreline, it’s not hard to understand why South Beach is such a staple of American vacation culture. So check it out! When you rent a car in South Beach, Miami you’re only a few minutes away from amazing views, eats, and music venues. And with money saved from CarRentals.com, you can enjoy a few extra dollars for one more helping of “arroz con leche” with a Cuban coffee. This is your trip; make the most of it.