What are the major attractions in Santa Barbara?
If your trip to Santa Barbara is all booked but your travel itinerary is a bit on the empty side, let us give you a few hints and tips.
If you're not already eager to see Presidio Santa Barbara and Santa Barbara County Courthouse during your stay in Santa Barbara, you should be. They're some of the most famous attractions in the world.
Explore the best that this place has to offer by adding Santa Barbara Museum of Art and Santa Barbara Natural History Museum to your must-see list. If you've got an extra day to spare, check out Santa Barbara Zoo and Santa Barbara Botanical Garden as well.
Close to the center, Paseo Nuevo Mall is one sight you might like to add to your must-see list. If you still have room on that travel itinerary, Casa de la Guerra and De la Guerra Plaza will keep you on the go, as well.
What are the best road trip destinations near Santa Barbara?
Dig out your bucket list, because it's about to get longer. Once you've ticked off the best sights in Santa Barbara, there's a must-see attraction not too far away. About 62 miles away in Stevenson Ranch, Six Flags Magic Mountain lures big crowds year-round. Why not visit and see what all the fuss is about?
Where are the best beaches near Santa Barbara?
Santa Barbara boasts some beautiful seaside areas, and there's no better way to explore them than from behind the wheel of your very own rental car. See what fascinating shells and treasures you can find lying along the water's edge at one of these famous beaches:
- Arroyo Burro Beach (3 miles away).
- Butterfly Beach (3 miles away).
- Goleta Beach (7 miles away).
Where are the best convention centers near Santa Barbara?
If you're eager to do some serious business networking in the convention centers of Santa Barbara, it'd be good to get yourself a rental car. That way, you'll be able to go for a spin, check out some nearby attractions and be sure that you'll get to your event on time. You'll likely be heading to one of these buildings:
- Santa Barbara Deep Sea (1 mile away).
- Cabrillo Pavillion (2 miles away).
How can I get a cheap car rental in Santa Barbara?
Below we've listed the best ways to help you save more money:
- Our terrific filter feature will soon be your new best friend. Scan the biggest bargains from all over the web as quick as a flash;
- Take advantage of our Price Drop Alert email and immediately discover when prices fall for your next vacation destination;
- Before you pick up your keys and get behind the wheel, check out both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off locations to ensure you're getting the best deal in town;
- If your pickup and drop-off dates are not etched in stone, see if you can get a better price by modifying the days in your search;
- So you don't end up paying a late fee or an extra day, aim to keep your pickup and drop-off times as similar as possible;
- Some car rental outlets offer discounts if you pay in advance, so keep your eyes peeled for these penny-pinching deals;
- It's best to make a reservation as soon as your vacation dates are finalized. You'll get the biggest selection early on.
What kind of rental car should I get for Santa Barbara?
Nothing says good times like a good ol' road trip, particularly when you're traveling someplace as awesome as Santa Barbara. With bucket-list sights like Presidio Santa Barbara and University of California-Santa Barbara, there's so much to see in so little time. That's where a rental car can help. You'll be able to tick off more places — but opt for something small for easy city driving, like an economy car. If you're not willing to cruise around those daunting streets, Santa Barbara County is alive with natural wonders. Trade the zippy runabout for something larger, like a four-wheel drive, and discover the glorious sandy shores.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Santa Barbara?
You'll be pleased to hear that there's an impressive variety of luxury vehicles to rent in Santa Barbara. What you go with will depend on how much you're willing to spend and what you plan to do. Specialty and prestige vehicles often spare no expense when it comes to comfort and class. If you feel like splashing out, why not grab a fully kitted-out SUV, or perhaps a stylish medium-sized sedan? Alternatively, if you just need a set of wheels to get you from A to B as cheaply as possible, go for a versatile compact vehicle (or something else that's unlikely to break the bank).