What are the major attractions in San Marcos?
If your trip to San Marcos is all organized but your travel itinerary is looking a little empty, we can give you a few hints and tips.
Plan a stop at Texas Music Theater. It's one sight you'll usually find on many visitors' must-do lists. Charles S. Cock House Museum and Calaboose African American History Museum are also nearby and worth taking the time to see.
What are the best road trip destinations near San Marcos?
Explore San Marcos for its unique character and style. With that said, you've also got big-name sights just a short road trip away! Alamo barely needs an introduction. Located about 47 miles away in San Antonio, your itinerary just has to include this unmissable attraction.
Where are the best convention centers near San Marcos?
If you're going to a work conference in San Marcos, you may want to follow up with your new connections over a drink or two. Fortunately, these convention centers have some fantastic restaurants and cafés close by:
- Canyon Lake Event Center (12 miles away).
- Gruene Hall (16 miles away).
How can I get a cheap car rental in San Marcos?
Here are our top tips on how to hit the road with some savings in your pocket:
- Our clever filter tool is about to become your new best buddy. Scan the cheapest deals from all of the top car rental companies quickly and easily;
- Take advantage of our Price Drop Alert and stay up to date when prices become cheaper for your destination;
- Look at the bargains at all rental locations, including the airport and its surrounds. A quick cab trip to a neighboring rental car center might mean big savings;
- If your dates are not written in stone, see if you can get a lower price by modifying the days in your search;
- Pickup and drop-off times often need to be similar (e.g, both 11 a.m.) or you might be required to pay for another full day;
- Some car rental outlets offer discounts if you pay upfront, so be sure to keep a lookout for these money-saving offers;
- Last of all, secure your favorite vehicle as soon as possible to score a ton of savings!
What kind of rental car should I get for San Marcos?
With your own set of wheels, San Marcos is all yours to explore. People head to this appealing city for many reasons, and here at CarRentals.com we have the ideal car for each of them. A priority for big families is space. Depending on the size of the family, that could mean anything from a full-size car to an SUV. Those traveling on a budget like the affordability and great mileage of our smaller cars, such as an economy or compact car. If you're eager to turn some heads in San Marcos, you could even have a glimpse at our special category for a ride that'll make any car lover dizzy with excitement.
Should I get a luxury rental car in San Marcos?
You'll be pleased to hear that there's a huge range of luxury vehicles to rent in San Marcos. What you end up going with will depend on what you're willing to spend and the activities you've got planned. Specialty vehicles offer the best in comfort and class. If you want to treat yourself, why not pick a high-end SUV, or perhaps a flashy mid-sized sedan? Otherwise, if you just need a set of wheels to get you from A to B at the cheapest price possible, you're better off choosing a budget compact vehicle (or something else that won't blow your budget).