Car rentals in St. Louis: All you need to know
A St. Louis car rental allows you to go where you want, when you want. You'll be able to check out all the sights, and even see what else the rest of the area has to offer. We've gathered your most frequently asked questions about car rentals in St. Louis. Find out how to get the best rates on your ideal vehicle.
How can I find a bargain rental car in St. Louis?
CarRentals.com always strives to get you the best deal. However, you can try to do a few things to keep your next booking affordable. You can:
- Compare the rates for a few suppliers on the type of car you want
- Book as far in advance as possible. You'll usually save more and get the car of your choice
- Check the fuel and mileage policies. This way you'll avoid any surprises on your final bill
- Decide what car you'll need for your vacation. Don't get more car than you need
Just following even a few of these tips can help you save on your St. Louis rental car.
What rental companies have outlets in St. Louis?
From global names like Ace and Enterprise to budget-friendly brands like Budget and Thrifty, CarRentals.com has some of the best brands in the business. Look through the reviews to help you figure out which one meets your needs.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to St. Louis?
That depends on how many people you are traveling with and what activities you want to do in St. Louis. If you're having difficulty deciding, be sure to look over the chart below. We have compared the most popular categories for you:
How old do you have to be to rent a car in St. Louis?
Usually, the age limit for renting a car in St. Louis is 21. Please note, there might be an added charge if you're under 25 or for higher category vehicles in particular. Go through the supplier's terms to discover what the exact rate is before you rent your car.
Do I need insurance to rent a car in St. Louis?
When cruising through St. Louis or the rest of France, you will need insurance. Almost every supplier needs proof of insurance before you pick up your car. Almost all countries require the driver to have insurance. You may be able to pay for interim insurance through the rental supplier.
The major credit cards (American Express, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover) will generally provide some coverage. However, many of them have restrictions, such as not covering larger vehicles like trucks or SUVs. Make sure to call and find out exactly what your credit card will cover and how much before you travel to St. Louis.
Are there different fuel policies?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Here is a list of the typical policies.
What fuel policy do you recommend?
We usually suggest that you opt for the full-to-full policy. This policy simply means you bring your rental back to the full, and you're all set.
Is it worth getting unlimited miles?
Unlimited mileage is a good choice for travelers who don't want to worry about incurring any extra charges with the distance they drive. Just make sure that your policy really provides unlimited miles. Read the details on mileage limits before you book.
Before you drive off
Be sure you go over a few items prior to leaving the lot. You should take time to:
- Check out the vehicle and make certain there is no dents or scrapes. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Inspect the trunk to see if the spare is properly inflated and the necessary tools to change it are there
- Familiarize yourself with the car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and wipers
- Get comfortable operating the radio or entertainment features. It's best to limit any unneeded distractions when you are navigating a new area
Book your St. Louis car rental today
Maybe you're traveling with your partner and kids, or carpooling with co-workers to and from the hotel to the conference center. Maybe you're traveling solo. No matter who you are traveling with, CarRentals.com has a car rental that can fit your needs and not deplete your travel fund.