What are the major attractions in Roanoke?
If your trip to Roanoke is all booked but your itinerary is looking a little empty, let us give you a helping hand.
You'll need to rise early if you're planning to check out all the interesting attractions that this place has to offer. Harrison Museum of African-American Culture and Science Museum of Western Virginia are must-sees. Center in the Square and Virginia Museum of Transportation can't be missed either.
Not too far from the city center, Roanoke City Hall is one attraction to consider putting on your must-see list. Roanoke Pinball Museum and History Museum & Historical Society of Western Virginia are also close by and worth a detour.
What are the best road trip destinations near Roanoke?
Discover the delights of nearby Lynchburg. What's 47 miles when you have a set of wheels? The road trip there is half the fun! Seven Hills Theater, Sandusky Historic Site and Civil War Museum and AMF Lynchburg Lanes alone justify the drive. Don't forget about Lexington either! Just 43 miles away, The Lexington Golf & Country Club, Stonewall Jackson Grave and Virginia Horse Center are must-sees here.
How can I get a cheap car rental in Roanoke?
Here are our top tips on how to hit the road with some savings in your wallet:
- Use our convenient filter feature to steer you toward the hottest car deals around — and then compare the prices;
- By entering your email address into our Price Drop Alert, you'll know all of the best deals for your selected location;
- Peruse the deals at all rental locations in town, including the airport terminal and its surrounds. A short cab journey to a neighboring car rental facility could mean big savings;
- If your vacation dates are flexible, try scoring a better price by switching up the days of the week in your search;
- To avoid paying late fees or for a whole extra day, try to keep your pickup and drop-off times the same;
- Some car rental outlets offer discounts if you pay as soon as you book, so make sure you keep a lookout for these penny-pinching offers;
- Don't let the deal you want slip through your grasp. Book as soon as you can and zoom off with your dream set of wheels.
What kind of rental car should I get for Roanoke?
Roanoke has loads on offer. You could hang out for a week or more in this place and hardly scratch the surface. To experience as much as you can in this bustling metropolis, a rental car is a must. Keep in mind that driving in big cities usually comes with tight streets and limited parking spots. But don't stress — a compact or an economy car can make this much less daunting. If you're planning to leave the city behind you and enjoy the sandy shores that Roanoke is renowned for, you'll probably prefer a rental car with more cargo space. A full-size or mid-size SUV is a good choice.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Roanoke?
You'll be glad to know that there's a huge variety of both economy and high-end rental vehicles available in Roanoke. What you end up opting for is largely dependent on your funds and the activities you've got planned. Prestige vehicles offer unparalleled comfort and class. If you want to treat yourself, why not pick up an SUV with all the bells and whistles, or perhaps a slick medium-sized sedan? Alternatively, if you just need a set of wheels to get you from A to B as economically as possible, maybe go for a budget compact vehicle (or something else that won't break the bank).