Car rentals in Quito: All you need to know
A Quito car rental gives you the opportunity to go where you want, when you want. You can explore all the sights, and even find out what else the rest of the region has to offer. CarRentals.com has collected your most frequently asked questions about car rentals in Quito. Keep reading to see how to get the best rates on your ideal vehicle.
How do I get a great deal on a car rental in Quito?
CarRentals.com always strives to get you the best price. But, you can do a few things to keep your next booking affordable. Be sure to:
- Compare and contrast the rates for a few suppliers on the type of car you want
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually get the vehicle of your choice and save more
- Check the fuel and mileage policies. This way you'll avoid any surprises on your final bill
- Decide the car you'll need for your vacation. Don't rent more car than you need
Just following even a few of these tips can help you save big on your Quito rental car.
What rental suppliers have outlets in Quito?
In Quito, there are 4 rental companies to decide from, like Hertz. Scan through the online reviews to get an idea of which is best for you.
What types and makes of rental cars are on offer in Quito?
Whether you want a roomy family vehicle or a low-cost economy car, the sheer wealth of options in this metropolis means you're bound to find a car that is perfect for you. Some options include:
What age do you have to be to rent a car in Quito?
Usually, the age limit for renting a car in Quito is 21—the same as it is across most of the country. However, you might need to pay a surcharge if you're under 25. Be sure to read over the rental agreement to figure out what the total will be before you book your car.
Does Quito require rental car insurance?
Insurance is required, wherever you're renting a car. However, your current car insurance may cover you. Additionally, if you pay for the rental in full using your credit card, the card's benefits may also insure you. Keep in mind, your policies may not provide 100% coverage, and you'll need to add it to your booking for Quito. Look into it before you book and, if it's necessary, you can simply include it at checkout.
What is the fuel policy for Quito rental cars?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Here is a list of the typical policies.
You will have to find an open gas station close to the drop-off location
What fuel policy do you recommend?
At CarRentals.com, we advise a full to full policy. You pick up your rental with a full tank, and you should bring it back it with a full tank. For a cheaper rate, fill up your tank before bringing the rental car.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Quito?
Unlimited mileage is a good choice for travelers who don't want to worry about incurring any extra charges with the distance they drive. Just make sure that your policy really provides unlimited miles. Check the details on mileage limits before you book.
Tips before you leave the lot
Before you get going on your Quito vacation, go over a few things prior to leaving the lot. It's worth the time to:
- Check out the car and be sure there is no dents or scratches. If you notice any, mark it down on the paperwork
- Make you have a properly inflated spare tire, lug wrench, and jack in the trunk
- Familiarize yourself with the car. Adjust the mirrors and seats, and note how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Figure out how to work the navigation and entertainment. You don't want any unneeded distractions in a new city
Book your Quito rental car today
Use CarRentals.com to get the best wheels Quito has to offer. Before you know it, you'll be driving between the well-known restaurants, famous landmarks, and all the terrific sites in Quito.