Where is Ecuador?
What better way is there to uncover a new country than from behind the wheel of a rental car? You'll have plenty of confidence hitting the highway in Ecuador after getting up to date on a few basics. Situated on the continent of South America, Ecuador has lots to offer every type of traveler. No trip here would be complete without stopping in at the country's capital, Quito.
What are the major attractions in Ecuador?
You might find it a challenge scoring a parking space right in front of these popular attractions, but believe us — they're certainly worth a little stroll. The best thing about going to Ecuador is finally ticking these off your bucket list:
- Chipipe Beach (4 miles from the center of Salinas, Santa Elena)
- El Panecillo (4 miles from the center of Quito (and vicinity), Pichincha)
- Estadio Rodrigo Paz Delgado (6 miles from the center of Quito (and vicinity), Pichincha)
What are the best road trip destinations in Ecuador?
Ecuador is an exciting place to cruise the highways and byways in your own rental car. Crank up the radio and enjoy the freedom and flexibility of visiting all the region's treasures dotted between each of its best travel destinations. Discover some (or all) of this place's most famous cities:
- Guayaquil (population of 1,952,000)
- Quito (population of 1,399,800)
- Cuenca (population of 277,000)
- Santo Domingo de los Colorados (population of 200,400)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Ecuador?
Avoid spending an arm and a leg on a rental car by following these tips:
- Use our amazing filter feature to point you towards the cheapest car rental rates around — then compare the prices;
- Keep an eye on your inbox for our popular Price Drop Alert. We'll give you inside info on all the best deals cruising around your location;
- Research is the key to getting your hands on the hottest rental deals in town, so be sure to take a look at both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off outlets before you splash cash on your ride;
- If your dates are not set in stone, try scoring a lower price by changing the days in your search;
- Try to keep your pickup time and your drop-off time the same. If you bring back your rental car later than you picked it up, you might be charged an entire extra day;
- Keep more cash in your purse. You'll score some of the best deals when you prepay your rental vehicle;
- Don't let the deal you've been looking for slip through your fingers. Book as soon as you can and drive away with your dream set of wheels.