What are the major attractions in Poitiers?
If your trip to Poitiers is all sorted out but your itinerary is a bit on the empty side, let us give you a few hints and tips.
Whatever you do, don't forget your camera when you visit Futuroscope. This terrific attraction is sure to offer some wonderful photo ops.
Near the city center, Place du Marechal Leclerc is one spot you might like to add to your to-do list. Palais de Justice and Notre-Dame la Grande are also close by and worth taking the time to see.
What are the best road trip destinations near Poitiers?
It's time to get those wheels spinning and journey out to La Roche-Posay. Just 28 miles away, a day trip here will be easy. Swing by Connétable Golf and La Roche-Posay Golf to start discovering the story of the region. Then finish off your trip with a visit to Spa Source La Roche Posay.
How can I get a cheap car rental in Poitiers?
Here are our suggestions on how to hop behind the wheel of a rental car with some extra cash in your wallet:
- Investigate as many different bargain car rental deals as you can (we make that task as easy as ABC!);
- Take advantage of our Price Drop Alert and be informed immediately when prices fall for your next vacation destination;
- Browse the bargains at all rental locations around town, being sure to include both the airport and its surrounds. A short cab trip to a close-by car rental center may result in big savings;
- If you don't mind which day of the week you collect the keys to your car and your travel plans are flexible, play around with days and dates to find the best deal;
- Do what you can to keep your pickup time and your drop-off time as similar as possible. If you return your car later than you picked it up, you might have to pay for a full extra day;
- If you're hoping to keep some extra cash in your pocket, prepay for your rental and zoom off with some of the best rates around;
- Make your booking as soon as your dates are finalized. You'd hate to miss out because you left it too late!
What kind of rental car should I get for Poitiers?
Having your own car in Poitiers will give you the freedom to go wherever you want. Maybe you're planning to head out of town, explore country lanes, and go where the wind blows. If so, book one of our full-size or mid-size SUVs and discover the sandy shores in the surrounding area. If you'd prefer to experience the bright lights of the city, go for something small. Navigating busy streets will be a lot easier with a mini or compact car.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Poitiers?
You'll be happy to hear that there's a great range of both high-end and economy rental vehicles on offer in Poitiers. What you opt for is largely dependent on your funds and what you're planning to do. Specialty vehicles offer unparalleled comfort and class. If you're splashing out, why not pick up an elite SUV, or perhaps an upmarket mid-size sedan? Otherwise, if you just need a car to get you around town as cheaply as possible, stick with an economy vehicle (or something else that won't burn a hole in your wallet).