Car rentals in Oxford: All you need to know
An Oxford car rental gives you the opportunity to go where you want, when you want. You can check out all the sights, and even find out what the rest of Mississippi has to offer. We've collected your most frequently asked questions about renting a car in Oxford. Keep reading to discover the dos and don'ts of booking a rental car.
How can I get a great deal on a car rental in Oxford?
We always strive to get you the best rate. But, you can do a few things to keep your upcoming booking affordable. Be sure to:
- Compare daily and weekly rates from all the different suppliers
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually get the vehicle of your choice and save more
- Check the mileage and fuel policies. This way you'll avoid any surprises on your final bill
- Determine the car you'll need for your drive. Don't get more car than you need
Just following even a few of these tips can help you save on your Oxford rental car.
What rental suppliers have agencies in Oxford?
From budget-friendly brands like Thrifty and Budget to global names like National and Enterprise, CarRentals.com has some of the best brands in the business. Look through the online reviews to help you figure out which is best for your next trip.
What types and makes of rental cars are on offer in Oxford?
That depends on how many people you are traveling with and what activities you want to do in Oxford. If you're having a little trouble deciding, be sure to go over the table below. We've compared the most popular vehicle categories for you:
How old do you have to be to rent a car in Oxford?
Typically, the age limit for car rentals in Oxford is 21—the same as it is across the rest of the USA. If you are under 25, you might also need to pay a surcharge. Be sure to read over the rental agreement to figure out what the exact price will be before you rent your car.
Will I need insurance to get a car rental in Oxford?
Insurance is required, no matter where you're renting a car. With that said, you might already be covered by your existing car or credit card policies. Keep in mind, your policies may not provide total coverage, and you'll have to add it to your booking for Oxford. Look into it before you book and, if it is needed, you can conveniently add it at the CarRentals.com checkout.
What is the difference between all the fuel policies?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Here is a list of the typical policies.
You will have to search for an open gas station close to your car rental supplier
What fuel policy do you recommend?
We usually suggest that you opt for the full-to-full policy. This policy simply means you bring your rental back to the full, and you're all set.
Is it worth getting unlimited miles?
If you want to check out all that Oxford and maybe even the rest of Mississippi offers, you're going to want unlimited miles. You can drive as far as you'd like without worrying about additional charges. Go over the fine print to be certain they are actually "unlimited."
Know before you go
Make sure you check a few items prior to leaving the rental lot on your Oxford adventure. It's worth the time to:
- Walk around the car and determine if there is any dents or scratches. If so, write it down on the paperwork
- Check the trunk to determine if the spare is properly inflated and both the lug wrench and jack are there
- Get familiar with the controls of your car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Figure out how to work the navigation and entertainment. You don't want any unneeded distractions in a new city
Book your Oxford rental car today
Use CarRentals.com to get yourself the best wheels Oxford has to offer. Before you know it, you'll be cruising between the great restaurants, famous landmarks, and all the must-see sites in Oxford.