Where is Oregon?
The clock is ticking. Don't fritter away valuable vacation time sitting on the bus. Book a rental car and relish in the freedom of having your own ride. Before you hit the open highway, here are some basic facts about Oregon. Oregon is a state of United States of America. Its capital city, Salem, is home to roughly 154,600 people. Have a chat with the locals and discover more about the awesome things to see and do here.
What are the major attractions in Oregon?
An unforgettable road trip begins with a quality car — together with a long list of incredible sights along the way! We've got some tips on a few Oregon landmarks that are begging for a pit stop. Climb into the driver's seat and head in the direction of Portland State University. This tourist hot spot is 0.4 miles from the prominent city of Portland. From there, fill up the gas tank and explore McArthur Court. This terrific attraction is 1 mile from Eugene and just waiting to be crossed off your list.
What are the best road trip destinations in Oregon?
Adventure awaits around every corner of this magnificent region. Oregon is one of those places where the journey is just as thrilling as each of its impressive destinations. With your own rental vehicle, you can spend as long or as little as your heart desires exploring all there is to see. Here are some of the most well-known cities in this beautiful place:
- Portland (population of 583,800)
- Eugene (population of 156,200)
- Salem (population of 154,600)
- Bend (population of 76,600)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Oregon?
Here are our top recommendations if you're looking to grab the cheapest possible car rental:
- Use our clever filter feature to help steer you in the direction of the cheapest car deals in town — and then compare the prices;
- By submitting your email address into our Price Drop Alert, you'll know all the best bargains for your desired location;
- Look at the deals at all rental locations around town, being sure to include both the airport and its vicinity. A brief cab drive to a neighboring rental car office might reward you with substantial savings;
- If your vacation dates are not set in concrete, see if you can get a better price by switching up the days in your search;
- No one likes being charged a late fee. Avoid the stress of having to pay for another day by ensuring your pickup and drop-off times are similar;
- Some companies reward you handsomely for prepaying — keep your eyes peeled for these great offers;
- The early bird catches the juiciest worm, and also the hottest deals! Book as soon as possible to secure some great savings.
What is the most popular rental car category in Oregon?
If all you need is four wheels and an engine, choose an economy car. They're the most popular rental vehicle category in Oregon. Besides all the standard features, they come with benefits like superb fuel economy and lower rental fees. Jump behind the wheel of one and zoom around Portland and Eugene without difficulty.
That all said, Oregon is known for its forests, sandy shores, and mountains. Many intrepid adventurers hightail it out of the city to discover those dazzling vistas. If you want to do this, book an SUV or a full-size vehicle. Even if you're not planning to venture off the beaten track, you'll be thankful for all the extra legroom.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Oregon?
Sometimes the journey is more significant than the destination, which makes your car choice particularly important. If you're about to embark on an unforgettable road trip around Oregon, a roomy SUV could be a good choice. If you're hoping for the cheapest possible price and plan to stick to city driving, an economy car is hard to beat. All you need to do is work out what will suit you best, round up the troops, and clock up those miles.